Climate control prioritised over stop/start

ICE, Equipment, Options
Mbellwood01
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by Mbellwood01 »

Hi all,

I’ve had a new n-connecta qashqai for about 2 weeks. A couple of things have happened this week and wondered if anyone could shed any light, as I can’t find any info elsewhere.

1. The stop/start technology doesn’t always work. I assume sometimes in a morning this will be because the battery isn’t sufficiently warmed up yet? But occasionally get a warning on the dash saying ‘climate control prioritised’ as a reason for it not working.

2. The handbrake normally comes on automatically when the driver takes their seatbelt off. It stopped doing that today. Is there somewhere that can be turned on/off that the wife may have done by accident?

Any help or people experiencing the same issues would be greatly appreciated!

Matt

Deleted User 10757

Post by Deleted User 10757 »

Have you consulted the handbook ?

The car has intelligent charging and battery technology , so the car will prioritise what is required for battery health
gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

1. Refer the manual pages 236-241.

I can't find anything in the manual (though haven't read every page) as to whether the Stop/Start system can be configured or whether it's "dumb". Can anyone confirm?

On my Ignis I can alter the stop/start settings thus:

IS A/C (ENG A-STOP system setting) (if equipped)
• When using the automatic heating and air conditioning system (if equipped), you can select one of the following engine auto stop settings.
– Standard
– Economy
– Comfort
• When “Economy” is selected, engine auto stop condition is eased, compared with “Standard”. Engine auto stop condition will occur more frequently, the stop time will be longer, leading to reduction of fuel consumption.
• When “Comfort” is selected, engine auto stop condition becomes severe, compared with “Standard”. Engine auto stop condition will occur less frequently, the stop time will be shorter, leading to more comfortable cabin condition by air conditioner.

2. Refer the manual page 153.
NOTE
When the Automatic brakehold function is active (Auto Hold indicator is green), under the following conditions, the Electric Parking Brake will automatically be applied and the braking force of Automatic brake hold will be released:
• The braking force is applied by the Automatic brake hold function for 3 minutes or longer.
• The transmission is in the P (Park) position (Xtronic transmission models).
• The Electric Parking Brake is applied manually.
• The driver's seat belt is unfastened.
• The driver's door is opened.
• The ignition is switched OFF.
• A malfunction occurs in the Automatic brake hold function.
To keep the Electric Parking Brake released after switching off the ignition: While the ignition is ON, press the brake pedal, deactivate Automatic brake hold if activated and push the parking brake switch jA before switching the ignition OFF.

So check Automatic Brake Hold on pages 155 on.
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
calnorth
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by calnorth »

There are a number of functions that when in operation you won't want the engine to stop. Operation on Battery alone is bad.

For example (and should be in the handbook)
Aircon
Wipers
Lights

Point of Interest...can you disable start/stop completely or does it default ON again when engine is restarted?
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta