New Nissan Qashqai 2021 has fault from new

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
QaiFan
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by QaiFan »

... which according to owner can't be fixed ... so he has to wait for a completely new one, coming months from now ...

I was thinking : maybe that's what is holding up new QQ deliveries :?:

OMG !

DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

So another Negative comment, is there just nothing positive to mention on the New QQ J12 ? - Dave 😉

Now Is this just a “One Off” Fault / video comment or is it really a major Production problem. There must be quite a few new QQ’s on the road now and it would be interesting to hear if this is a “Major” Problem from other Owners.
It appears to be affecting Technology which is commonly used by Nissan that just uses the Key System as this is not an “Auto” Close Hatch System which appears to be much more complex.
I would assume the Dealer, Service Technicians & possibly Nissan Engineers have assessed this fault “On Site” and as they have not found the problem the QQ is being replaced (could be a big Major Strip Down).
Regarding the video I think that normally a Dealer PDI should firstly be done. (These letters stand for pre-delivery inspection, which is the process whereby a dealership technician inspects a vehicle for any flaws and basically gets it ready for the eventual owner)
It is really up to the Customer to also check his new vehicle out, on both our QQ’s the Sales Guy has checked with us and has asked what personal settings we required and he then done all the Pre-Sets as we required.
QaiFan, are you still going to get a QQ as all these problems must be giving you a Big Headache ! 😉
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Exskoda

Post by Exskoda »

The only one I heard of is my neighbor has a J12 and it wouldn't start as battery had dropped to 9volts this set alarm off. Was with Nissan for 3 days reason given that it was left in storage after being built and battery ran down. I think more things to double check with dealer on handover than negative. As I will be doing full check especially of paintwork.
Before Skoda Karoq SEL, virtual dash, heated screen.

Now: J12 Nissan Qashqai
1.3 DiG-T MH 158 Xtronic Tekna, Automatic, Petrol arrived 23/12/21
QaiFan

Post by QaiFan »

@DaveBerlin who wrote "... QaiFan, are you still going to get a QQ as all these problems must be giving you a Big Headache ! ..."
Not really, but I will be cautious whenever I can get hold of my Tekna+ since it does have quite a lot of gizmos that can be faulty, yet passed QA as well as dealership technical inspection (even if they do it right).
I often wonder if most (early) computer-car-buyers are not experiencing a lot of these "headaches" ... whether it is with a Nissan or ... a Mercedes, BMW ...
Even after years of perfect reliability it is still possible certain parts exhibit failures that were not at all anticipated, so yes Dave ... indeed, I'd better buy some of that headache relief medicine ASAP :-)
MikeGC

Post by MikeGC »

This doesn’t bother me one iota.
The hatchback needs to be closed firmly - just like my J11B then !!

I’m going to my local dealer next Tuesday to test a J12 - I suspect I might possibly order a Tekna+ auto depending on discounts, etc.
Might be ceramic great with a black roof (Mission Control saw one like this the other day and thought it looked "classy")
March '22 - J12 1.3DIG-T 160 CVT Tekna+ with all wheel drive - Pearl Black
July '19 - J11B 1.3DIG-T 160 DCT Tekna - Vivid Blue
March '17 - Qashqai J11A 1.5dci n-connecta - gunmetal
September '14 - Juke 1.5dci gunmetal ascenta premium (red accent packs)
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Mike, did you notice on the video that after pressing the Drivers Door Button and “Slamming” the Hatch it closed OK, weird !.
If you decide on the Tekna + you will get the Auto Hatch which is really a nice option and a different animal so give it a good try. If there are worries on the Key Option QQ then this Auto Version could be a lot more complicated. But at least Nissan have a lot of experience with this system from the US Nissan’s Armada / Murano / Pathfinder / Rogue & now the Kicks, here the X-Trail.
Might be the wrong Grey but it gives you an idea ! :

E91A074A-8768-4C49-93D9-941120AFAC70.jpeg

In my opinion the Tekna + is a very nice option, but it costs so push for a nice discount, do not forget the mention of a price increase and Spec changes so perhaps you can push and glean some more facts on this - Regards Dave 👍
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
MikeGC

Post by MikeGC »

I think that is the colour too, Dave.
I'll be taking another on PCP (because it works for me)
The sales man I’m seeing sold me both of the QQs I’ve had (and sold Mission Control her Leaf) so I feel we at least have some rapport.
March '22 - J12 1.3DIG-T 160 CVT Tekna+ with all wheel drive - Pearl Black
July '19 - J11B 1.3DIG-T 160 DCT Tekna - Vivid Blue
March '17 - Qashqai J11A 1.5dci n-connecta - gunmetal
September '14 - Juke 1.5dci gunmetal ascenta premium (red accent packs)
phatboy

Post by phatboy »

That's a fault? Seems normal to me.....!
2018 Qashqai Tekna + DCT Dig-T 160
gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

I've just got round to watching this video - which went on for two or three times longer than it needed to.

Seems to me this is simply a case of some adjustment being needed - it would be far more useful if he'd listed out what the dealer had attempted to do to rectify - or even actually interviewed the dealer.
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
garzooz

Post by garzooz »

I have this issue with my premier edition J12. I honestly didn't think much of it, I assumed it would be an easy adjustment that could easily be sorted next time I was in the area of my dealer.

Should I be worried about this?