2018 j11 1.2T Acceleration and A/C issue

Forum for Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
uri
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by uri »

Hello everybody,

New to the forum, hope I find the answers I need.

I bought my wife a 2017 (reg. Jan 2018) Nissan Qashqai Acenta 1.2L (patrol) turbo (115hp) Automatic transmission a few month ago, It's a surprisingly nice car and I enjoy driving it more them my 3.5 Maxima.

There are two issues with it that I would love to know if someone encountered and how they solved it.

1. I drove the car today, and about three minutes into the journey, immediately after doing a kick down at low speed (for the first time by the way) the car lost it's acceleration. it kept on moving slowly in D, but depressing the acceleration paddle did nothing. I didn't notice any warning lights and I "drove" like that for a good 8 minutes or so. them I pulled aside, turned the car of and back on and everything went back to normal. my wife told me she had a similar issue a couple of days ago.
did anybody experienced the same issue?

2. The A/C works fine and blows cold air like it should, but sometimes, with no apparent reason - it stops cooling and blows out warm (engine bay temp.) air for a few minutes and then goes back to cooling. it can happen while the car in moving or standing, when the engine is on and accelerates.
any thoughts?

3. Does anybody know how to read the fault codes on the J11 with out a reader? on my Maxima for example and on other Nissans, there is a procedure of turning the key to the "ON" position and then pumping the acceleration peddle and holding for a few seconds and counting a warning light flashing.
does anybody have a link to that kind of procedure?

Thank you.

calnorth

Post by calnorth »

There is no simple procedure for the car owner to resolve error codes (DTCs) on this car. Your car may have recorded DTCs related to the events you report here which will need a quality OBD reader to capture. Otherwise its much guesswork.

Its likely a visit to Nissan really.
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
uri

Post by uri »

Thank you calnorth,

like I said, on my Maxima there is a way for the owner to read the DTSs by counting flashing of the check engine light. (here's a video)

I actually found my OBD reader a couple of days after writing the post, but the DTC log on the car appear to be empty at the moment. I'll connect it permanently in the car until the acceleration problem reappears. hopefully there will be a fault code then.
gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

Welcome to this forum

1. I can't recall anyone bringing a lack of accelerator pedal control up previously.

2. It's climate control so the air emitted is at whatever temperature the in-car sensor is calling for. The behaviour of yours might be a bit irregular though?

3. No one's mentioned that possibility before. I have a cheap code reader for Aldi/Lidl.
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
wass

Post by wass »

hi there im having the same issue no faults in any off the system did you or any one else find our what was causing it

thanks guys
Qashowner
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Qashowner »

Item 1, 3 minutes is not giving the gearbox oil much time to warm up and early kick downs should be avoided. That may be the reason for the lack of acceleration, and the ECU doing its protection thing. I presume the CVT gearbox is in that car, although I am not sure. If it is, kick downs do little to nothing as it only has a belt drive and no gears. You will get better results using a steady increase and not kick down as on conventional auto gear box
Past cars Mercedes B Class, S Class, E Class Estate, E Class Coupe, G Wagen, 260E interspersed with Peugeot 406 and Audi Coupe.
wass

Post by wass »

thanks for your reply. it does it whether it hot or cold you can be driving along fine then all of a sudden you loose all throttle but it definitely still in drive even going up slight inclines on idle. checked live data all is fine with acc pedal. and zero fault codes
wass

Post by wass »

thanks for your reply. it does it whether it hot or cold you can be driving along fine then all of a sudden you loose all throttle but it definitely still in drive even going up slight inclines on idle. checked live data all is fine with acc pedal. and zero fault codes