Multiple Warning Lights - Error Codes HELP

ICE, Equipment, Options
lac91
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by lac91 »

Hi all,

I've been using this forum for a couple of years for browsing issues which have been a great help in resolving my problems. However, I've had a few issues recently which I cannot seem to locate on this forum (unless I'm searching the wrong keywords).

I recently lost all power to my QQ and broke down (several warning lights displayed etc.) - it turned out it was my alternator which has now been replaced and everything since then has been working fine.

Several weeks after my alternator was changed, I did a long journey and randomly my ABS, Chassis Control, Stop/Start, Collision and Engine light blinked on for a few minutes then went off; the car was driving fine. The next couple of days when I drove, only the collision light blinked on and then went off. When I got home, I took it to the garage for them to check there were no loose connections when the alternator was fitted. They confirmed all was OK but the following faults came up when they did a health check:

P0471-95 PRS UPSTR OF TBN 1.DEF (ENGINE)
C1130-00 ENGINE SIGNAL 1 (ABS)
B24A9-11 SUNLOAD SENSOR CIRCUIT SHORT TO GROUND (HVAC)
C1A04-00 ABS/TCS/VDC CIRC (LASTER/RADAR)
C1A26-00 ABS/TCS/VDC CIRC (LASTER/RADAR)
C1A16-00 RADAR STAIN (LASTER/RADAR)
C1B92-00 BRAKE CONTROL SYSTEM (CHASSIS CONTROL)
C1B93-00 ENGINE/HEV SYSTEM (CHASSIS CONTROL)
C1BAO-00 ADAS/CHASSIS CTRL BRAKE SYS (CHASSIS CONTROL)

The garage added a filter of some kind in my diesel tank and they said this maybe why the engine light has blinked on but said there's no serious issues. When I checked my car grill at the front of the car, I noticed a dead bird which I removed, and I assumed this may have been blocking a few sensors. I was driving for about a week and everything seemed fine until today when the ABS, Chassis Control, Stop/Start, Collision and Engine light blinked on again for a couple of seconds and then went off. I've also noticed that when I start my car, the collision light displays but then immediately goes off and then there's no further issues for the rest of the journey.

In addition to this, my Nissan screen constantly restarts and my radio keeps cutting out. I've also noticed that when my aircon/blowers are on full blast, they occasionally don't power at full blast even though I have it at the highest level - I was noticing this before any of the above issues.

I have a QQ 2015 model which I've had for 3 years - it's been running fine with no issues. It's due it's MOT/Service and I most likely will take it to a Nissan Garage who I hope can help with these electrical faults.

Any advice would be appreciated.

amz2740
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by amz2740 »

Not sure about the warning light stuff sorry, but I had an issue with my radio cutting out which was resolved by a factory reset of nissan connect.
2019 (19 Plate) 1.5 Tekna Black
lac91

Post by lac91 »

amz2740 wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 10:38 am Not sure about the warning light stuff sorry, but I had an issue with my radio cutting out which was resolved by a factory reset of nissan connect.
Thanks - strangely enough, I've not thought to do this! Will look to do this layer, many thanks.
Last edited by lac91 on Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
calnorth

Post by calnorth »

Thats a fair amount of mixed DTCs to appear. Some look related to ABS ?

The C1A's are Radar blocked and similar...related likely. Foreign object stuff/dirt/mud...bird strike?
B24 is sun sensor related on the dash..possible fault in that area impacts Climate Control (AC/Heat). Rather odd arising?
P0471 is exhaust gas related via sensor(s). Pressure upstream...spurious perhaps?

Its quite a DTC mix which is possibly Battery/Power troubles...again?

ABS/Battery/Exhaust faults will cause Start/Stop system warnings to show. Mostly the ECU can't control the engine properly..ABS impacted by Body Control errors (via ECU)

An attempt needs to be made in clearing those DTCs down and see what happens. Whats left and what arises?

The Radio cuts maybe the old chestnut...software update, and subject of many posts on this site. Apart from Reset(Factory) which should be amongst the Radio System Menu settings.
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
lac91

Post by lac91 »

calnorth wrote: Mon Sep 13, 2021 1:24 pm Thats a fair amount of mixed DTCs to appear. Some look related to ABS ?

The C1A's are Radar blocked and similar...related likely. Foreign object stuff/dirt/mud...bird strike?
B24 is sun sensor related on the dash..possible fault in that area impacts Climate Control (AC/Heat). Rather odd arising?
P0471 is exhaust gas related via sensor(s). Pressure upstream...spurious perhaps?

Its quite a DTC mix which is possibly Battery/Power troubles...again?

ABS/Battery/Exhaust faults will cause Start/Stop system warnings to show. Mostly the ECU can't control the engine properly..ABS impacted by Body Control errors (via ECU)

An attempt needs to be made in clearing those DTCs down and see what happens. Whats left and what arises?

The Radio cuts maybe the old chestnut...software update, and subject of many posts on this site. Apart from Reset(Factory) which should be amongst the Radio System Menu settings.
Thank you - hasn’t been an issue over the last few days apart from the collision light blinking on when I start the engine! Thanks for all your suggestions - it’s due its MOT/Service so will get the local dealership to look into it all.
Montaguek966

Post by Montaguek966 »

I've had multiple warnings come up today when starting my 2016 qashqai. Seems very odd. Sounds similar to your problem.

PSX_20211003_131357.jpg

calnorth

Post by calnorth »

Does your ABS actually work...it probably doesn't which by the look of it appears to be an ABS fault?
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
Montaguek966

Post by Montaguek966 »

The breaking was fine today and no different from normal.
MrSweetE90
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai Facelift - J10b (2010–2013)

Post by MrSweetE90 »

Can you see and monitor the voltage to make sure you don't have intemittant issues?
2012 Qashqai 1.6 DCI TEKNA Plus
Rik22

Post by Rik22 »

Hi All

I seem to be having similar issues to 'lac91'

Chassis control system fault
System fault (Emergency brake)
System fault (Sensors)
Stop/ start not working

Its very intermittent but seems to goes wrong when starting the car, occasionally disappearing at speeds over 40mph

The car drives fine & not noticed any issues with breaking or how the car handles

Recently had an independent carry out liquid DPF clean but his of the opinion these issues are unrelated (car drives so much better after the DPF clean)

He helped clear the codes to determine what came back, but can't help with repair as he only does DPFs

Error codes as follows:
- CA104: ABS/TCS/VDC circuit,
- C1B92: Brake control system,
- C1B93: Engine/ hybrid electric vehicle system,
- C1BA0: Advance driver assistance system/ chassis control brake system

Would appreciated any help or advise in determining best way to repair