Expected delivery and subsequent delays

General / Ordering Forum for the new 2021 (J12) Qashqai
McVicar
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by McVicar »

Please could you give the link to the facebook page. I have an N-connecta on order from July 12th and originally due, end of September to October but will have to contact the dealer just to check on delays.

Clarky94

Post by Clarky94 »

QaiFan wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 7:06 pm @Clarky94 :

- Did you ask whether it was not possible to get the Tekna+ trim instead since those would have those options by default (dunno for sure about UK though) -or- is it simply only those particular options themselves that are not available because these 2 accessories / parts are not
easy to get in time by Nissan !???

- Does this inability to deliver only apply to the UK J12 QQ or also to the broader European market ???

:?:
The Tekna + does come with the Bose option but fogs are an extra and the delay is worse
Current Car Qashqai 2017 j11b 1.5dci Tekna Grey
Coming Soon Qashqai 2021 J12 Tekna 158 in Mag Blue inc Fog Lights
QaiFan

Post by QaiFan »

Clarky94, what do you mean by "the delay being worse"?
Is Tekna+ also delayed or only the fog light option being unavailable at this time ???
Where did you hear this???
Thanks
ilkka

Post by ilkka »

Clarky94 wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 8:03 pm

- Did you ask whether it was not possible to get the Tekna+ trim instead since those would have those options by default (dunno for sure about UK though) -or- is it simply only those particular options themselves that are not available because these 2 accessories / parts are not

- Does this inability to deliver only apply to the UK J12 QQ or also to the broader European market ???

The Tekna + does come with the Bose option but fogs are an extra and the delay is worse
In Finland tekna and tekna+ don't get fog lights, they are available only to n-connecta an add-on. I asked about it from my dealer and he said that since tekna/tekna+ gets those new adaptive LED lights, fog lights aren't needed.
Current: Nissan Qashqai 2021 J12 1.3 MHEV 158 Xtronic 4WD Tekna+ (Magnetic Blue)
Previously: Nissan Qashqai 2008 J10 1.6 Acenta with glass roof
Clarky94

Post by Clarky94 »

ilkka wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 4:29 am
Clarky94 wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 8:03 pm

In Finland tekna and tekna+ don't get fog lights, they are available only to n-connecta an add-on. I asked about it from my dealer and he said that since tekna/tekna+ gets those new adaptive LED lights, fog lights aren't needed.
I agree that’s a very plausible explanation but why not tell me that 2 months ago instead of just cancelling my order - also After much discussion with the dealer in a paid the 140 techno can have fog lights so does that work
QaiFan

Post by QaiFan »

"In Finland tekna and tekna+ don't get fog lights, they are available only to n-connecta an add-on. I asked about it from my dealer and he said that since tekna/tekna+ gets those new adaptive LED lights, fog lights aren't needed."
That is strange since ... in some countries the LED foglights are *standard/included* in Tekna+ !
I hope Nissan won't leave those out ... since those foglights were 'promised' to me as well (I love the look of the Magnetic Blue Tekna+ as it was shown to me ... inluding the Bosch system as well as those fog lights) !
BTW price has gone up for the Tekna+ version by 350 euro (in my country) ... I expected so much since Nissan (a.o.) reportedly has to pay more for chips and other parts.
Sandgrounder

Post by Sandgrounder »

McVicar wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 7:55 pm Please could you give the link to the facebook page. I have an N-connecta on order from July 12th and originally due, end of September to October but will have to contact the dealer just to check on delays.

The Nissan UK Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/NissanUK

The comments I quoted earlier on in this topic were from Nissan UK adverts on my Facebook feed at that moment in time. Nissan UK did reply to some of the comments by saying that they are just the social media team and have no access to build details at the factory and they refer each person back to their dealership for the most up-to-date information.

Let us know how you get on with your dealer. :)
Now: 1.3 Tekna DIG-T 158 MHEV J12 ~ LED Front Fog Lights ~ Ceramic Grey with Pearl Black Roof/Grey Interior
Before: 1.2 N-Connecta DIG-T 115 J11B ~ Heat Pack ~ LED Pack ~ Vivid Blue (Sep 17-Oct 21)
Previously: 1.2 N-Tec DIG-T 115 J11A ~ Blade Silver (Nov 14-Sep 17)
Clarky94

Post by Clarky94 »

QaiFan wrote: Tue Aug 17, 2021 9:08 pm Clarky94, what do you mean by "the delay being worse"?
Is Tekna+ also delayed or only the fog light option being unavailable at this time ???
Where did you hear this???
Thanks
I heard from my dealer that the Tekna + models are getting delayed
Last edited by Clarky94 on Wed Aug 18, 2021 3:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
QaiFan

Post by QaiFan »

Thank you so much Clarky94 for informing us of this !

I have a Tekna+ on order but did not hear about any delays from my dealership.
In the past I always waited for an order to get through and am in fact reluctant to bother the sales people.
I still have a car that is still A OK so I can wait it out for quite some months if need be !?
As I wrote before I, personally, rather have *any* car that is not going to give me (technical) issues/trouble in the future than one that would
be rushed for delivery !
Still I hope to learn about all the exact reason(s) for delay (and if possible an estimate how long it might additionally take before delivery).
Clarky94

Post by Clarky94 »

QaiFan wrote: Wed Aug 18, 2021 3:34 pm Thank you so much Clarky94 for informing us of this !

I have a Tekna+ on order but did not hear about any delays from my dealership.
In the past I always waited for an order to get through and am in fact reluctant to bother the sales people.
I still have a car that is still A OK so I can wait it out for quite some months if need be !?
As I wrote before I, personally, rather have *any* car that is not going to give me (technical) issues/trouble in the future than one that would
be rushed for delivery !
Still I hope to learn about all the exact reason(s) for delay (and if possible an estimate how long it might additionally take before delivery).
Dont feel worried about bothering the dealer your his customer and you are spending a large amount of cash with him