Tom tom display question

ICE, Equipment, Options
mrugby
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by mrugby »

As your aware, during a navigation route the main screen display will split into two screens to display a more compact version of a current manoeuvre. This additional screen is in black which i don't like. Is it possible to disable this from happening or change it from the black colour to a different shade.
With the display screen not being very large to start with, to then have a split screen makes it even worse.
Secondly and occasionally during navigation the car arrow goes off the screen and the map does not centralise itself.
You can drag the screen back but the arrow eventually disappears off the screen again. I must be touching something because it starts off ok.
Regards
mrugby

lapalmeraie

Post by lapalmeraie »

Normally this detailed split screen can be turned off. You should dig a bit into the navigation settings.
Personally I do like it, because it is very precise and clear where to drive when changing motorways for instance.
The arrow that goes off by itself is a sign that you have very little satellite connection. So Tom Tom is unable to judge where you are exactly.
Qashqai J11b 2020 N-TEC - 1.3 DIG-T 140PS
Qashqai J11a Connect Edition 1.6 DIG-T 163PS
mrugby

Post by mrugby »

I played around with it today and noticed that when the moving map has the icons across the bottom of the screen the map and arrow remain centralized as it should be, however, when you tap the screen to remove the icons across the bottom in order to view a full screen, the moving map does not centralize and the arrow will eventually move off the map screen.
So in this instance I don't think it is satellite signal related unless I am mistaken.
But thank you for your input Mr lapalmeraie, nice talking to you.
As they say in the UK, i've got all your videos hahaha.
lapalmeraie

Post by lapalmeraie »

:lol:

That’s something else indeed. When you dislocated the map it switches to a sort of browsing mode. Then it won’t return to your actual position or it would make browsing nearly impossible. ;)
You have to center back manually indeed.
Qashqai J11b 2020 N-TEC - 1.3 DIG-T 140PS
Qashqai J11a Connect Edition 1.6 DIG-T 163PS