DAB Cutting Out

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
DaniGood
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by DaniGood »

Apologies, I know this has been brought up a couple of years back, but cannot see anything recent.

I have Tekna 2016, my DAB and CD player keeps cutting out for 15 seconds, plays for 10 then off again. It also flashes and reboots itself with the Nissan logo. It’s only just started happening.

I have tried disconnecting Bluetooth but doesn’t make any difference.

Unfortunately, no longer under warranty, any help or advice please?

calnorth
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by calnorth »

DaniGood wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 10:34 am Apologies, I know this has been brought up a couple of years back, but cannot see anything recent.

I have Tekna 2016, my DAB and CD player keeps cutting out for 15 seconds, plays for 10 then off again. It also flashes and reboots itself with the Nissan logo. It’s only just started happening.

I have tried disconnecting Bluetooth but doesn’t make any difference.

Unfortunately, no longer under warranty, any help or advice please?
Search for similar problem on this site and particularly the mention and links to software update. That is the usual problem + solution for your headunit.
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
DaniGood

Post by DaniGood »

I’ve searched the forum but can only see posts going back to 2019, and they’ve said software updates don’t always work

I’ll keep searching, thank you
calnorth

Post by calnorth »

DaniGood wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 10:47 am I’ve searched the forum but can only see posts going back to 2019, and they’ve said software updates don’t always work

There's plenty here on the subject and the links to obtaining the software. The update can fail if the software is the wrong version/corrupt or a fault exists. I might be wrong but I think Nissan may update FOC...good will and all that? Ask them...or better call Nissan UK Customer Services.
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
Dragstar

Post by Dragstar »

calnorth wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 11:03 am
DaniGood wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 10:47 am I’ve searched the forum but can only see posts going back to 2019, and they’ve said software updates don’t always work

There's plenty here on the subject and the links to obtaining the software. The update can fail if the software is the wrong version/corrupt or a fault exists. I might be wrong but I think Nissan may update FOC...good will and all that? Ask them...or better call Nissan UK Customer Services.

Hi, I had the the same issue with mine but this was roughly 2 years ago now. contacted Nissan UK customer service and at that time they new of the fault, later they contacted me and they had resolved the issue with a Software update, i contacted local Nissan Dealer and they installed Version D605 update F,O,C and since the install i've had no problems.
2014 Qashqai Accenta Premium 1.5DCI, Gunmetal Paintwork, Crossover Pack, Pan Roof,Bonnet Strut Kit, sidebars, and a Bit of Chrome :D
2011 Audi TT Quattro Roadster Volcano Red (Pearl}
2012 Vauxhall VXR GTC Arden Blue
2012 Vauxhall GTC 140 SRi
blackbox2342
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by blackbox2342 »

Dragstar wrote: Sat Mar 13, 2021 8:04 pm

Hi, I had the the same issue with mine but this was roughly 2 years ago now. contacted Nissan UK customer service and at that time they new of the fault, later they contacted me and they had resolved the issue with a Software update, i contacted local Nissan Dealer and they installed Version D605 update F,O,C and since the install i've had no problems.
After a fight with my local dealership, Nissan rang them and have me booked in for a software update in a few weeks. Hoping it gets sorted as the dropouts are a nuisance.
calnorth

Post by calnorth »

blackbox2342 wrote: Thu Jun 10, 2021 2:38 pm

After a fight with my local dealership, Nissan rang them and have me booked in for a software update in a few weeks. Hoping it gets sorted as the dropouts are a nuisance.
I don't think we have seen a case where the update did not fix it. The dealer needs to wind his neck in ...its FOC.
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
blackbox2342
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by blackbox2342 »

calnorth wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:25 am

I don't think we have seen a case where the update did not fix it. The dealer needs to wind his neck in ...its FOC.
The dealership was insisting diagnostics which carried a £60 charge when I queried this with Nissan they were not impressed.
calnorth

Post by calnorth »

blackbox2342 wrote: Sun Jun 13, 2021 7:05 am
calnorth wrote: Fri Jun 11, 2021 7:25 am

The dealership was insisting diagnostics which carried a £60 charge when I queried this with Nissan they were not impressed.
A dealer does not have adequate test equipment to test/diagnose the headunit. So he is not able to diagnose or test:

The DAB/FM receiver
The GPS receiver
Digital Signal Processor (DSP)
System Firmware (Bootloader/Kernel etc)
Functional Software

To the dealer the headunit is a black box that would need to be either firmware updated or exchanged completely. They simply don't have the competence and which applies to likely all electronic modules installed in the car.
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta