Radio auto on/off

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
Arry
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by Arry »

Hi bit late to the party but just had the same problem
Whilst in car and radio on press the power button and keep it held until you see the Nissan emblem , must reset the unit . Now all ok again radio goes off when stopped and door opened .

Geordieman

Post by Geordieman »

A mystery has developed with my QQ radio over the last couple of weeks but hopefully an expert on the Forum can shed some light on this. On two different days the car radio has suddenly come on by itself and at full volume making my wife almost jump out the seat and go through the pan roof lol. It has only happened when driving down the same street in town. Anyone got any clue as to why this has happened?
2020 Tekna 1.3 DCT Auto, Pearl Black, Pan Roof, Heated Screen, ss door sills, Chrome door handle covers, ss Reg Plate frames, Gas Bonnet struts, chrome wheel nut covers, black side protection strips.
Arry

Post by Arry »

T/A traffic alert ? Volume for traffic alert can be higher than radio so may be TA kicking in or visa versa .
Geordieman

Post by Geordieman »

It has done it again twice this week on a different road but the same location although I was going along the road and later came back along the same road. It isn't a traffic announcement, the radio suddenly goes on very loud all by itself. All four of us nearly jumped out of our skins.
2020 Tekna 1.3 DCT Auto, Pearl Black, Pan Roof, Heated Screen, ss door sills, Chrome door handle covers, ss Reg Plate frames, Gas Bonnet struts, chrome wheel nut covers, black side protection strips.
Arry

Post by Arry »

Try resetting head unit
MikeGC
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by MikeGC »

Geordieman wrote: Fri Apr 16, 2021 8:07 pm It has done it again twice this week on a different road but the same location although I was going along the road and later came back along the same road. It isn't a traffic announcement, the radio suddenly goes on very loud all by itself. All four of us nearly jumped out of our skins.
I had something similar today.
Mine was masquerading as a Traffic Announcement though (Radio Manchester) the Connect unit said it was a TA. It was at TA volume but a "normal" radio music programme.
I know this happens haphazardly and presumably it’s operator error at the radio station.

Your radio problem is baffling !
March '22 - J12 1.3DIG-T 160 CVT Tekna+ with all wheel drive - Pearl Black
July '19 - J11B 1.3DIG-T 160 DCT Tekna - Vivid Blue
March '17 - Qashqai J11A 1.5dci n-connecta - gunmetal
September '14 - Juke 1.5dci gunmetal ascenta premium (red accent packs)
Geordieman

Post by Geordieman »

Arry
Reset and no more spooky 'switch on' over the last few days so hope that has fixed it.
Geordieman

Post by Geordieman »

I spoke too soon, its back. Radio came on by itself for no apparent reason and was very loud.
Geordieman

Post by Geordieman »

Radio did it 3 times this morning. Came on by itself at full volume. Switched it off and it did it again within seconds and then switched it off and then came on again.
calnorth

Post by calnorth »

There are no diagrams for the headunit itself so its impossible to diagnose. Can't determine how the power jumps the headunit ON/OFF switch?

The headunit does have a function to auto turn up volume with vehicle speed, in audio or bluetooth settings I think. That is provided by the ECU on CAN bus I suspect and is limited.

Be interesting to know what the headunit hardware and firmware version is.
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta