Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
MikeGC
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by MikeGC »

As I said, no expert on these engines
March '22 - J12 1.3DIG-T 160 CVT Tekna+ with all wheel drive - Pearl Black
July '19 - J11B 1.3DIG-T 160 DCT Tekna - Vivid Blue
March '17 - Qashqai J11A 1.5dci n-connecta - gunmetal
September '14 - Juke 1.5dci gunmetal ascenta premium (red accent packs)

Huntsman
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by Huntsman »

Does anybody have any views about this exclusion on the extended warranty.
QQ/J11B - 2020 1.3 Dig-T 160 DCT N-Connecta , Ink Blue. 19" alloys
Prev. QQ/J11 - 2015 1.2 Dig-T Tekna, Storm White. 19" alloys.
VanquishStorm
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by VanquishStorm »

Huntsman wrote: Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:57 pm Just found this paragraph in the Nissan Extended Warranty online PDF.

Design Faults and recalls.

If any of the Vehicle’s components has an inherent design fault or is recalled by its manufacturer, the component which is the subject of the design fault or recall is not covered by this warranty.

I interpret that as being a cop out as regards to replacing a 1.2 DIG-t engine due to the excessive oil use.

Would be interested to know how other people interpret this clause.

Thanks.
Surely that’s covered under normal consumer rights then? If the design is faulty the part was not fit for purpose and would get swapped / fixed under a recall.
Huntsman

Post by Huntsman »

Think I have now decided not to continue with the extended warranty as it seems that the info I have checked still makes me think it is not covered. I'll take a chance without.

Alan
Claire42
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai - J10 (2006–2013)

Post by Claire42 »

gloucester wrote: Mon Dec 21, 2020 7:05 pm I documented my problems re getting quotes for extended warranty on this topic - viewtopic.php?f=21&t=5645

I was quoted £377 for a year - admittedly over two years ago - and that was higher than others had been quoting. Perhaps Nissan have woken up to people claiming and hiked the price!

It should be covered according to https://www.nissan.co.uk/ownership/niss ... ranty.htmlparis shuttle airport transfers but the only way you'll know for certain is getting the "small print" and reading through it.

Ultimate

Our highest level of cover protecting the majority of factory fitted, mechanical and electrical components on your vehicle (for Nissan vehicles aged 3–7 years old, having covered no more than 75,000 miles).

Premium

Offers a comprehensive range of component cover against mechanical and electrical failure (for Nissan vehicles aged 7–10 years old, having covered no more than 100,000 miles).

For more information, call Nissan Extended Warranty Administration on 0344 573 8022

Quite a few topics on Extended Warranty on here - try a search to see more recent experiences.
Hello, I contacted Nissan Extended Warranty Administration but didn't have the information I needed who can help me
Huntsman

Post by Huntsman »

I eventually made up my mind regarding the extended warranty and am now the proud owner of a 2020 Qashqai 1.3 Dig-t 160 N-Connecta (Glass roof pack) DCT 7 speed auto in Ink blue.

What a car. I cannot believe the difference between the two cars. Smoother ride, better steering (seems lighter and more responsive), less harsh suspension (It still has the 19" wheels, better infotainment system and lots more.

No problems at the moment but I know you are here if I need help.

One very small critiscism. I like to drive using eco which on my old qashqai defaulted to on but the new one defaults to off so must be turned on when needed. I don't think it is changeable from within the system menu.
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Huntsman, see if this old post helps you regarding ECO - Dave 😏

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=10231
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
QaiFan

Post by QaiFan »

@Huntsman.
Congratz on your new car !
You got yourself a proven model with that great engine and gearbox (that I read about here) !

BTW Did you buy a 'zero miles' J11B ?
I pre-ordered the J12 but not with the CVT (quite a bit afraid because it used to prove a potential money pit in time !)
Of cource I am also considering an extended warranty, but since I don not have the car yet ... still have a lot of time to make up my mind on this.

Since I read a numer of of horror stories about Nissan cars (after pre-ordering the Qashqai J12 :-)) I would like to learn, just in case, more about that
3 year Nissan warranty ... can you and/or DaveBerlin (or others) tell me that if I would get a lemon if, in general, Nissan will solve all problems for free
during this 3 year warranty period ?

Thanks
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

QaiFan, I cannot really comment on the 3 year Guarantee as I have never negotiated one. On our New Juke / QQ J11A & J11B I got an automatic extra years Guarantee FOC from our Dealer called a Nissan 5* Guarantee which is basically a 4 year one with a max of 100,000 Kms. Every fault or niggle I have had has been handled through our Dealer > Nissan FOC and I never had a problem, but a couple of times a little pushing was needed with Nissan. This is why I always comment if you find a good Dealer Stay with them as they are the middle man between Customer & Nissan.
I spoke with our Dealer Service Mgr. yesterday and still nobody understands why Nissan have gone back from the DCT to a CVT, although the comments are it is a New CVT and supposedly better - Dave 😉
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
QaiFan

Post by QaiFan »

Thank you so much DaveBerlin!

If the DCT would still have been an option for the j12 , I would have gone for it. IMHO the revived CVT is an awkward decision on the part of Nissan...
I read very positive feedback regarding the Nissan DCT implementation, far less good reviews regarding the Nissan CVT.