ALL-NEW NISSAN QASHQAI BREAKS COVER

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Gloucester, why double post ? I do live in Germany and if you read my “POST ABOVE” it was already “Translated” . I am not back at school ! 🥴 - Dave

“Outside Mirror : Heated / Automatic Folding / Electric Adjustable.”
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken

DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

“Outside Mirror : Heated / Automatic Folding / Electric Adjustable.
This was in the German Spec for the Launch Premium Model :” - Dave 👍✅
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
QaiFan
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by QaiFan »

What I don't understand about the more electrified j12 version is that it gets a more powerfull 1.5 combustion engine! If that engine is only there and used to charge the batteries then I would think the 1.3 engine to be more than sufficient. If so much power is needed then I fear than once the batteries start to degrade a bit over time the new Qashqai may no longer reach it's true potential!?
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Qaifan, take a read of this I think this will explain the reason - Dave 😉🙏

One thing that is totally new for the Nissan Qashqai is its hybrid system. Rather than using a plug-in battery like many other hybrids out there, the Nissan Qashqai ‘E-Power’ has a 157hp, 1.5-litre petrol engine that powers a 190hp electric motor. This motor is what drives the front wheels, with the engine serving only to provide charge for a rather small capacity battery – you can’t charge this new hybrid from a public charger or a wallbox.

The new Qashqai brings the first deployment of Nissan's innovative e‑POWER drive system to Europe. Exclusive to Nissan and a key component in the company's Intelligent Mobility strategy, the e-POWER system is a unique approach to electrification by making every day driving exciting.
The new Qashqai's e-POWER system is comprised of a high-output battery and powertrain integrated with a category-leading variable compression ratio 157PS petrol engine, power generator, inverter and 140kW electric motor of similar size and power output as found in Nissan's electric vehicles. It's a unique solution that combines the enjoyable, seamless linear acceleration which is characteristic of an EV, but without the need for charging.
Reason for Upgrade :
“To meet the typical demands of European consumers and their daily drive, the e-POWER installation has been significantly upgraded for the new Qashqai. Where the application in the Note - Japan's best-selling car in recent years – is a 1.2 petrol engine charging the battery unit, and a final power output of 108PS. For Europe it has been upgraded to a 1.5-litre petrol engine, with a final power output of 140kW (190PS). The unique element of the e-Power is that the petrol engine is used solely to generate electricity, whilst the wheels are completely driven by the electric motor. This means the engine can always run within its optimal range, leading to superior fuel efficiency and lower CO2 emissions compared with a traditional internal combustion engine.”
QaiFan

Post by QaiFan »

Indeed DaveBerlin, thank a lot, that explains it!
To me it all comes down to pricing. If that proves acceptable then this is, theoretically speaking, almost the perfect option!
If it is over 50000 euro though...?
Another potential issue is battery replacement. If you plan to keep such a car for say, 5 years, no problem. But such an expensive cars with expensive battery replacement possible makes it very unattractive to me compared to a plain combustion engine. The 2l per 100 miles you may gain will surely ever compensate for the over maybe even 10000 Euro additional price tag!??
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Yesterday I got an official Nissan / Dealer invitation to the Launch of the New Qashqai which is positive. The problem is, it is at the Biggest Dealership of the Dealers 7 and means customers from the other Dealerships will all be applying for a place. It is also short notice, this Saturday, has the Corona testing restrictions, but testing is available and FOC. On application you become only an allotted time of 30 mins with a group of a max of 6 people to be shown the QQ.
As much as I would like to see it, I think I will give it a miss and wait until there is a New QQ at our smaller Dealership which will allow more time to look at what you want, get your hands on it and ask the relevant questions.
At least it appears for the June Launch actions are happening - Dave 😏👍
QaiFan

Post by QaiFan »

@DaveBerlin. You are most probably right ... may not be worth it if you can't see the car all by yourself ... alone.
I had the opportunity to do so and otherwise I would not have been so eager to immediately pre-order the J12 Tekna+
... exactly the car I had seen that day (two tone magnetic blue, options ...).

FWIW I was finally able to find the different car model options (in Italian, but Google is our friend)
I guess it will be about the same in the rest of Europe , UK ?.
https://www.hdmotori.it/nissan/recensio ... ta-italia/

"The new crossover can be purchased in the Visia, Acenta, Business, N-Connecta, Tekna and Tekna + trim levels.
The standard equipment is rich from the basic version.

Visia
In fact, we find LED headlights, heated exterior mirrors, hill start assist & auto hold, driving mode selector,
height and depth adjustable steering wheel, rear parking sensors, e-call and breakdown call, Intelligent Cruise Control, automatic emergency braking.
with pedestrian and cyclist recognition, frontal collision risk warning system, lane departure warning and prevention system,
lane change control and prevention system if there is another vehicle in the blind spot area, detection system of the driver's attention and related warning,
traffic sign recognition system and object detection system at the rear of the car with automatic braking when reversing.

Acenta
By choosing the Acenta version, we will find more 17-inch alloy wheels, door opening with button,
automatically folding mirrors, dual zone automatic climate control, steering wheel and gear knob in soft touch leather,
driver's seat lumbar support, rear armrest with cup holder, wipers automatic with rain sensor, 8-inch audio display,
rear view camera, paddle shifters on the steering wheel (only with Xtronic gearbox), smartphone integration
and Apple CarPlay and Android Auto compatibility.

Business
With the Business specification are added the NissanConnect infotainment system with 9-inch display,
the camera with a 360 ° panoramic view around the car (Around View Monitor)
with recognition of moving objects, LED fog lights, wireless battery charger for smartphones and the spare wheel.

N-Connecta
Going up the level we arrive at the N-Connecta set-up which offers a much richer endowment.

As standard we find 18-inch alloy wheels, rear privacy windows, rear bumper with silver inserts,
ambient lighting in the center console, 12.3-inch full TFT instrument cluster,
NissanConnect infotainment with 9-inch screen and navigator with TomTom Premium Live maps.
Traffic, Over The Air updates and NissanConnect Services. In addition, front parking sensors,
USB ports for the rear seats, auto-dimming interior rear view mirror, soft touch front knee rest and modular boot.

Tekna
The Tekna version is even more exclusive in terms of standard equipment.
Stand out 19-inch alloy wheels, hands-free trunk opening, LED headlights with Adaptive Drive Beam Assist technology
with adaptive high beams, front and rear LED turn signals, 10.8-inch head-up display, electronically adjustable driver seat,
adjustable lumbar support for driver and passenger and ProPILOT with Navi-Link (only with Xtronic gearbox)
or Drive Assist (manual gearbox).

Tekna +
Finally, the Tekna + trim level, the top of the range, which offers practically everything as standard:
20-inch alloy wheels, longitudinal roof bars, panoramic roof (with UV filter) and electrically adjustable sun blind,
LED fog lights, Advanced Intelligent Key with seat and rear-view mirror position memory,
driver's seat with adjustable 4-way lumbar support, front seats with massage function in 3 programmable modes
from the 9-inch central display and differentiable between driver and passenger,
Monoform leather seat covers Nappa leather, windshield, heated front seats and steering wheel and Bose audio system with 10 speakers."
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

QaiFan, Thanks for the Facts 👍. I mentioned to our Dealer recently that the comparison of the Tekna + J11B (which is great) compared to the new J12 which regarding Specs IMHO is in a different world. When I get to take a closer look at one and make a decision it will definitely be the Tekna + (still working on the wife color might be the issue), but to me still open is the question of the CVT & the Guarantee Coverage - Dave 🤗
QaiFan

Post by QaiFan »

DaveBerlin, I got the J12 Tekna + because I am convinced the J12 in another color (not 2-tone), with smaller non 20 inch wheels, not leather interior ... would surely not be the (same) car that I got excited about !
However the Tekna+ version (especialy wth the CVT and 158 HP) is, IMHO, far from cheap.
When the Mazda 6 (I still own) that, back in 2008, costed 30.000 euro (in 2013 5 years old with a bit over 50.000 km) was still worth to the dealer about 10.000 euro.
Means losing 20.000 euro in 5 just years time.
Could try to sell it privately, at a far better price , but that to me seems not always easy to do (as Nissan dealers here are starting to offer great discounts on the outgoing J11b cars).
I have no idea what all that might be in Germany / UK ..., but exchanging a J11B that you seem to care for so much, even for the new J12 ... might cost you dearly !?
But of course if your car is your hobby and you truly like the new J12 ...
I am curious what your assessment / decision might be.
QaiFan

Post by QaiFan »

DaveBerlin, it now seems the Tekna+ Edition can only be ordered with 158 HP ... that means it might also only be offered with an Xtronic CVT (not the 6 MT) !?
At least in France, as well as Italy, this seems to be the case :
https://www.autoplus.fr/actualite/nouve ... 990-261153
https://www.hdmotori.it/nissan/recensio ... ta-italia/
https://www.automobile-magazine.fr/tout ... shqai-2021

Not that I mind, personally, because a rather big car like the Qashqai will surely drive even better with that more powerfull engine (my preorder is changed to 158 HP) !