First QashQai

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
hertswfc
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by hertswfc »

Hi , I’ve always liked this car and especially the 1.6 tdci . I’m getting a lot of people saying don’t touch these cars as they are always breaking down and things genuinely going wrong . Do you owners think this is true or are they just as reliable as many other suv and cars in general many thanks . I’m no expert and just wanting opinions 👍

DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

hertswfc, firstly welcome to the Forum. If you go into “Search” you should find more comments there like these attachments. Naturally you will find that there are members that are positive that do not comment on this, generally there are more negative but in the end the final decision is yours -- Dave 😊
viewtopic.php?f=19&t=10620
viewtopic.php?f=20&t=10661
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
hertswfc

Post by hertswfc »

Cheers Dave 👍
MikeGC

Post by MikeGC »

Bear in mind that it’s unusual for people to take to social media or forums like this just to say "my car's great"
It much more likely to be a request for help, etc. for a fault.
For example, hundreds of posts about the 1.2 petrol engine when people have had trouble. But it’s rare that you see a post about how reliable the car was and considering the number sold, statistically it must have been OK.
March '22 - J12 1.3DIG-T 160 CVT Tekna+ with all wheel drive - Pearl Black
July '19 - J11B 1.3DIG-T 160 DCT Tekna - Vivid Blue
March '17 - Qashqai J11A 1.5dci n-connecta - gunmetal
September '14 - Juke 1.5dci gunmetal ascenta premium (red accent packs)
gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

Welcome to this forum.

Unlike the other responses mine's on the gloomy side.

I admittedly bought my Qashqai secondhand at 8 months/10k miles so I'll ignore the problems resulting from a secondhand car not being properly prepared, but in terms of warranty claims I had between 8 months and 3 years the following (at least):

Stop/Start never properly working - despite a replacement battery - a common warranty issue. I'm convinced there was a problem with the charging circuit which the dealer wouldn't recognise. They told me I wasn't driving the car aggressively enough!
Replaced AC condensor - another common warranty issue.
Replaced steering gasket or bearing to cure squeaking - another warranty issue (though not so much recently?) that I read about on here.
Replaced alloy wheel owing to corrosion - another common problem - took over a year to resolve.
Bump on driver's seat cushion - turned out to be a displaced sensor - took several visits to resolve.

So I sold the car partly owing to not wanting the relatively high cost of an extended warranty (necessary owing to the 1.2 engine problems which hadn't yet affected my car) - the dealer quoted me figures a lot higher than other people reported - and partly owing to the dealer being the worst I've ever had to deal with - on virtually all fronts!

Conversely my Ignis bought new and coming up to three years old has had no warranty issues at all!

Rant over!
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
Qashowner
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Qashowner »

Bought my 1.6 dci two years ago second hand from a Nissan dealer, the car came with two years warranty and the deal gave me two free services, a minor and major which is due next month. I bought the 1.6 because it was the only Qashqai at the time I could tow my caravan with. I also have the auto CVT gearbox which I find very good having had CVT gearboxes before, not yet had any problems with CVT gearbox having covered 125k miles in my previous car but they do need regular servicing (oil change) every 40-50k miles. Don't know how much you want to spend, but a dealer supplied car can give peace of mind for a couple of years.
Past cars Mercedes B Class, S Class, E Class Estate, E Class Coupe, G Wagen, 260E interspersed with Peugeot 406 and Audi Coupe.
Geordieman
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by Geordieman »

Our previous car was a QQ which we had from new and we had no problems apart from the battery going flat due to lack of use during the present circumstances. It was replaced with an upgraded battery free of charge with the RAC cover. Upgraded after 3 years last October with the latest Tekna 1.3 DCT and it is even better than the previous car. We have had lots of cars over the last 50 years and this is the first time I have bought the same make and model of car again. The dealer we used has been very good and gave an excellent trade in on the previous QQ.
2020 Tekna 1.3 DCT Auto, Pearl Black, Pan Roof, Heated Screen, ss door sills, Chrome door handle covers, ss Reg Plate frames, Gas Bonnet struts, chrome wheel nut covers, black side protection strips.