Best auto tail lift kit for 2019 quasqai

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
Johnsmith500
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by Johnsmith500 »

Morning I am thinking of buying and fitting an auto tail lift kit to my 2019 quasqai,does anybody have any advice on which is beast or what not to buy please.

Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

Before posting here pse always search forum as many topics previously covered; tap in 'tail gate' to SEARCH box.
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Hi John, this was the last post I wrote trying to get some facts from the Australian members on the PRC Tailgate Kits but unfortunately there were no replies. If you look at my old post below you will see the other old attached posts for your reference - Dave 😊

This is a Nissan comment on the addition to the new QQ 2021 :
“A powered hands-free tailgate makes accessing the boot effortless when hands are anything but free.”

viewtopic.php?f=31&t=9983
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

Welcome to this forum.

I have no experience of this but I would think a lift kit for any J11 between 2014 and now should fit - I don't think there were any changes to the tailgate area in the 2018 J11b update.
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

From what I can remember regarding this modification there was a Height restriction when Open - reduced from the normal QQ Opening which means you could end up with constant Headaches 😩. It is a shame that this System was never actually implemented as it would have been a nice addition, just take a look at the X-Trail. Most stuff from the PRC is OK but this Kit is expensive and you have to consider the Guarantee, Manuals and if there are any defects what action do you have to take - Dave 😏
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
lapalmeraie

Post by lapalmeraie »

Quite comic to see how certain topics seem to pop up and different platforms simultaneously. Yesterday this subject was also addressed again on the dutch and the french forum. Anyway, the height IS a concern. From the original 1m90 I think it will only open to 1m65 !! I asked a seller recently about the evolution on this problem but the answer was really unhelpful "possibly almost the same maybe a bit less" :roll: :lol:

And I think it is a bit slower in its operation than the OEM on the Xtrail for instance. And when using the keyfob you have to use a combination like lock-unlock-lock to use it. From my experience with the window closer module, the timing has to be right to make it work, so it does work, but not every time straight away. Not really handy when you need this option the most, when carrying stuff and you don't have your hands free.

I wonder though, wouldn't the OEM Xtrail kit be compliant with the QQ tail?
Qashqai J11b 2020 N-TEC - 1.3 DIG-T 140PS
Qashqai J11a Connect Edition 1.6 DIG-T 163PS
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Niek, when I spoke last year to our Dealer here there was not a lot of interest as there was no apparent Kit available for the QQ from Nissan and a lot of planning would be needed to firstly assess if the parts were available or would be interchangeable and work. Could be a Big money Outlay for nothing - Dave 😉
PS : would make a nice YouTube video ! 🧐

This is a copy Post from 2019 so some of the facts might not be up to date ! : As you can see this post has sort of died as it is now around 18 months old. I am sure there are a lot of members still interested in this addition, but it would appear when you take a look at the X-Trail or the US Rogue (not the Sport / QQ Model) that the Rear Construction does appear to be stronger than the QQ. There are still the Chinese versions around but I have not seen any comments on a successful conversion - I think it would be a nice addition as the normal Struts do get a bit tired and open slowly - Dave 😉

Just for your interest - 2017 Nissan Rogue (again not the Sport / QQ) Motion-Activated Liftgate :

The 2017 Nissan Rogue offers a desirable combination of compact overall size and ample interior roominess. Details such as wide opening (77 degrees) rear doors for easier entry and exit to the rear passenger space add to its utility – along with one of the major additions for 2017, a new Motion-Activated Liftgate. Standard on Rogue SL and available on Rogue SV as part of the SV Premium Package, it uses a kick sensor system to provide easy, comfortable and secure operation – both opening and closing of the tailgate.
lapalmeraie

Post by lapalmeraie »

I know Dave but i won’t just make the mod to make a new video. It has to be realistic and with the actual hight it aint and the official kits from Nissan would be very expensive as you state as well.
But I will keep an eye on this... who knows sometime... ;)
Qashqai J11b 2020 N-TEC - 1.3 DIG-T 140PS
Qashqai J11a Connect Edition 1.6 DIG-T 163PS
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Here is another Kit offered in the US, but not for the Nissan Rogue Sports (similiar to our European QQ). The attachment actually mentioned 5 Dealers in the UK but I could not pull any contact addresses up 😩 - some more facts might be of interest Dave 🤨

FFADD7C0-B227-482E-868F-1E652897DE3E.jpeg

B3BD795E-DB3F-4260-8199-E5B7294F35B0.jpeg

Now if you want an Auto Tail Lift even for the new 2021 US Rogue (not Sport) you have to purchase the SV Premium Model @ an extra cost of $2200 (£1600).
Just out of interest here is a Copy from the US Rogue Manual on the System Operation :
Nissan Rogue Owners Manual: Operating the power liftgate (if so equipped) - Liftgate - Pre-driving checks and adjustments :
http://www.nirogue.com/operating_the_po ... d_-94.html