Sounds from Qashqai

ICE, Equipment, Options
Anna V

Post by Anna V »

My new qashqai seems to make a wolf whistling noise whenever I pull into my drive. It does not make this sound at any other time! Is it something to do with the sat nav recognising I am home, or some other reason - it is driving me insane

Deleted User 3720

Post by Deleted User 3720 »

cant help but I wish there was some sort of demo somewhere to listen to of all the different beeps and warning sounds. I've got used to lane departure and the parking sensors but I have one that will sound at random it seems, and not using the sat nav. and when I go back to the same stretch of road it wont replicate. I can only describe it as like a cuckoo clock but much faster (cuckoo cuckoo) and deeper tone than the lane departure warning
brianthelian

Post by brianthelian »

hello its on the menu it is sound when destination it will also sound when you reach an other previously used destination, play with the menu to find it. my car is set to spanish so its dificult for me to explain regards
brian
gvmdaddy

Post by gvmdaddy »

jeffers, without hearing this warning beep it is difficult to tell you exactly what it is. It does sound like it may be the warning of you appraching a tight bend in the road a little too fast. Its a quick triple beep tone. It is speed and location dependant, and as you say, doesnt always trigger
Pjonah

Post by Pjonah »

Are you sure its not the neighbours wolf whistling at your car when you return home, just a though........I'll grab my coat....
QQ1.5dCi Tekna Thermonuclear Panoramic intercontinental Ballistic Missile Chrome Mirrors
Deleted User 3720

Post by Deleted User 3720 »

gvmdaddy wrote:jeffers, without hearing this warning beep it is difficult to tell you exactly what it is. It does sound like it may be the warning of you appraching a tight bend in the road a little too fast. Its a quick triple beep tone. It is speed and location dependant, and as you say, doesnt always trigger
Brilliant!! That's it just tried it from where it happened last week on a right turn junction and can trigger it if I go a bit quicker. Thanks
switchback

Post by switchback »

It's a useless feature that warns you just as you are entering the bend rather than a few metres beforehand where it might actually help you :roll: .
2015 1.6 dci Tekna, AWD.