Semi-Autonomous “Piloted Drive” Qashqai

The place to discuss everything else..
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

It looks like Nissan is also now jumping on the trend for Driverless Car Technology and want to launch the System on Main Stream, Mass Market Cars at affordable prices.. It has been confirmed a Semi-Autonomous “Piloted Drive” Qashqai will be the first to be launched next year as part of a Model Face Lift. The QQ will be built with a “Version-1,0” forming part of a model update with revised looks and Interior / Cabin changes. This System will allow “Autonomous Driving” on Motorways & A-Roads but will not allow Lane Changes as with the Tesla System, a Multi Lane System will be launched by Nissan in the next 4 years - Dave ;)

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/nissan/qas ... ai-in-2017
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken

Beardyman

Post by Beardyman »

I've very keen on the introduction of this technology (hence getting a Tekna) but as I've said before, if it performs in the rain as well as my Blind Spot Detection warning, I'd be reluctant to trust it.
1.2 DiG-T TEKNA petrol manual panoramic, nightshade. Easy-Lift bonnet gas strut kit.
QDay 28.11.2014
Roadie

Post by Roadie »

Beardyman wrote:I've very keen on the introduction of this technology (hence getting a Tekna) but as I've said before, if it performs in the rain as well as my Blind Spot Detection warning, I'd be reluctant to trust it.
Nothing wrong with my blind spot detection warning performing in the wet :lol:
Beardyman

Post by Beardyman »

Okay, perhaps "over performing" would be more accurate? :P
1.2 DiG-T TEKNA petrol manual panoramic, nightshade. Easy-Lift bonnet gas strut kit.
QDay 28.11.2014
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Beardyman, OK it has happened on ours but very minimal and I tend now when the Wet stuff is around to just give the Cameras / Sensors the Finger Job and wipe over them with a Tissue, couple minute job seems to work for us - Dave ;)
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Beardyman

Post by Beardyman »

Thanks Dave, I read your other post (and replied) before reading this. I'll try wiping over the cameras though with the car being garaged it usually starts out dry. Within 800 metres of driving in rain, the orange lights are going off at random- and to be honest, it doesn't bother me enough to get out in the wet and starting cleaning camera lenses. I guess that I'm more disappointed that this particular bit of technology, as a safety feature, isn't as reliable as I'd expect it to be.

As another data point; for various reasons I haven't been able to clean the car for a few months so it is very dirty. Yesterday in the dry the detectors worked perfectly so the fault appears to be purely wet lenses, not dirty lenses. ;)
QDay 28.11.2014
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Beardyman, I think I am beginning to lose the Plot also here. The BSW Camera IMHO works through the Rear Camera above the No. Plate and is in fact a " Self Cleaning System" on the Tekna. In theory this means when the Camera is dirty it is cleaned itself by squirting water and a puff of air - Dave ;)

Is this the effect you get :
http://youtu.be/F4bcxC097VY

image.jpeg

Beardyman

Post by Beardyman »

Dave - yes, that video shows exactly what I get. If I'm in the minority and there is a solution to this I'll get in touch with the dealer but I strongly suspect that it's a fault in the way water droplets gather on the camera lens.

I realise that, in theory, the rear camera is self cleaning (and perhaps "puff of air" self drying). Does anyone know if activating the rear screen washer/wiper also triggers the self clean system? This could be a way of improving the BSW performance whilst driving up the motorway! Sorry if this is hijacking the original thread a bit - I'll take this to another thread if it continues.
QDay 28.11.2014
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Beardyman, the answer is NOPE because it as it is stated "Self Cleaning". Take a look at this previous Post with the photos and section drawings it might help to understand the System - Dave :)

http://qashqaiforums.co.uk/viewtopic.ph ... era#p10935

203 - Kopie.JPG

201 - Kopie.JPG