Problems with New Car

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
Silverman

Post by Silverman »

Hi, just joined. I would like to add some of my thoughts on a new Mk2 Qashqai. Collected it on the 4th of March. Took it back to the dealership on the 5th as the tyre pressure sensors showed 50 / 47 psi when they should have showed 33/30! 10 mins later and I think a software reset and they now work correctly. I was told 3 other owners had the same issue. Fault/crease/dent along the top of the door panel below the chrome strip. I noticed it after a week of ownership as it was really hard to spot and although I can't prove it was on the vehicle before I collected it the dealership did agree to a smart dent removal man having a go at sorting it which he has to some degree (85% improved). As part of the deal I received rubbermats. They dont really fit that well as there are cut out in the front ones which don't go around anything and the back ones have a section which goes in when it should go out. The dealership in the end emailed Nissan but a week on I have heard nothing. The parts guy said they will probably just say woould you like to change to the carpet type! The rubber sections around the doors had to be fitted correctly by me and some of the plastic covers were not clipped in fully. Nissan are rushing them out me think! MPG at the moment for the 1.2 petrol is averaging 38 which includes one 180 mile trip to the seaside (average 47) and short journeys for the remainder of the 400 miles covered so I am reasonably pleased with this. Overall I am happy with the car. Great heater by the way(sorry my old car didn't have one!). I still have to sort out some wind noise from around my drivers door as yet I have not yet been able to pin down the exact area/cause.

Donkey

Post by Donkey »

Thats a shame mate lets hope the dealer sorts it out (id mention your part of a forum as it goes)These things are not your fault, collecting a new car is blinding to even a pro its down to the dealer to PDI the car and do these checks as you got so much to think about collection day when all you realy want to do it hit the road after finding a petrol stationIve always said first 8K in any new car fuel economy rubbish these engines need to bed in but 47 on a run sounds goodMake a list so when you return you can get all the niggles sorted, regarding the crease moan about it come resale or handback time its you whos going to pay for it damage can be seen if it was recent and you who done it
Silverman

Post by Silverman »

Thanks for that donkey.
The dent was minor before it was looked at. Im very picky. Most people would not see it now unless I pointed it out and they were standing in exactly the right position. I will send a letter to Nissan customer services about the problem this weekend.
On the subject of MPG it did at one point average 58 over a 20 mile
drive.
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

Nice and dont beat yourself up for not noticing it lolA strong letter and follow it with a phone call lets hope you get a little voucher to go spend in the extra shop lolEnjoy the car and the forum look forward to reading how it loosens up
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Silverman, sorry to hear about your problems but I am also very "Picky". I have had some problems in Germany with Nissan but it appears the responses are normally the same. In both my instances I reported the problems direct to NCS by email naturally in writing with photos and then phoned to report the issues. What then normally happens is a NCS No. is used for your complaint. But each time I was directed back to my Dealer as they are the contact people for the customer back to NCS (Guarantee / Cost Estimates) I have tried to talk to Technical People in Germany & UK with no response.
Just stay on the ball and keep following up and chasing - I hope you have success Dave
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

Years ago I had a problem with a Volvo I orderedI even noted the problems on the handover sheet took the car with a promise of things to be sorted with the dealer slipping out of it later at every pointI went to head office who literaly kicked arse to be fair- allocated me a new dealer and i got to have a spend up in the aftermarket shop to keep me happy, wasnt a lot but i ended up paying the extra as I was touched by the gestureAgain mention to the dealer your part of the forum, hint a fair and fast resolution can only help the brand
korky

Post by korky »

Make sure you are 100% satisfied with the door fix. I got VW to change a door on my sisters golf because the paintwork had bobbles (new car). Again I'd say 95% of people would notice this.

Don't worry as said above that you hadn't noticed this before, on my own car an audi I found a tear in the back of the leather on drivers seat. I think it's something like a fortnight on and only noticed as I had passengers in the car who saw it.

Spoke with dealership and again they replaced but could easily said 'your fault'

That said the dent smart repairs are very good so as you say we wouldn't potentially spot it, you would as you know about it.

As I said at the top, just make sure you're happy.

With regards to clipping bits of trim in....don't worry same issue on sisters 2010 QQ - think nissan are just poor when it comes to true QC
Silverman

Post by Silverman »

Thanks for the support. Just a bit annoying that you have to resort
to the you did it, no you did it discussion with the dealership. It would be so nice for them to just say bring it in we will do it.
I dont think I have said which model I have. Acenta in black and paid the extra for the smart vision pack.
Billgo
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by Billgo »

I have my QQ 3 weeks now, only about 500 km so far on the clock. I get the feeling that my 2010 QQ was a nicer drive, but perhaps early days yet.A few times I have had warm air coming from the vents when set to cool.On taking delivery of the car, the dealer told me it had a heated windscreen, which surprised me, for that model, but of course he was wrong.He also failed to tell me of the 1000km inspection.Tyres were way over inflated also.
2014 QQ 1.5 Dci.
2019 QQ 1.3 Petrol. Manual
TC3

Post by TC3 »

1000km inspection? Never heard of that
Tony ... 1.5 Acenta Premium in Gunmetal