Just having the Xtronic Software update

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
EvilBoris

Post by EvilBoris »

I'm bored waiting in the dealers, arching everybody loves Raymond in the waiting area

Chelseablue

Post by Chelseablue »

Hi EvilBoris, had mine done the other week. Had no problems before or after.
1.6dci Tekna Storm White CVT (2014). UK
EvilBoris

Post by EvilBoris »

I'd only had 2 instances of it doing that, hopefully never again.
I actually got the recall notice the day I got my car, so I must have just missed it on the factory fit.
Dionysus

Post by Dionysus »

Mine goes into tomorrow. They tell me they want the car for six hours!!I have had no problems with it so far but I am aware, and the garage agree, that if I do not have it done then the warranty could be revoked.Hopefully it will all go smoothly (Fingers crossed and everything else as well)
1.6 DCI CVT Xtronic, Ink Blue, Front city bar, Rear city bar, Front bumper streamer, Side steps, Wind deflectors, Rear boot lid sill protector, Polished door sill protectors, Mudflaps, Sharks fin
TeknaBJ

Post by TeknaBJ »

Good luck I hope all is well
duncho

Post by duncho »

Weird that they want to have the car for so long. CVT update takes roughly 30 minutes to complete. Nissan Connect about 50 minutes to complete the update.
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!
EvilBoris

Post by EvilBoris »

Do they have to update Nissan Connect at the same time?I've had no problems since mine has been done and the MPG has been better.
duncho

Post by duncho »

Probably not, I just mentioned it for Dionysus's information if they say that it takes so long because of the Connect update. Now you know how long it really takes.duncho2015-02-27 00:25:07
Qashqai J11, 1.6 dCi CVT, ThermaClear

For latest news & tests Subscribe! to my Youtube channel
Order Stop/Start reversing & DRL dim/OFF modules!
EvilBoris

Post by EvilBoris »

I was only in there about 90 minutes and they did do some other checkups too.
Dionysus

Post by Dionysus »

Just got back. Car in at 10.00am and back to me at 3.30pm. The recall dealt with three things1.CVT gearbox software upgrade2. Forward Braking issue3. Door sash'sNothing was done to the Connect system and they knew nothing about any upgrade.Result: Have not noticed a single difference. My drive home from the garage is around 120kms, so I had time to test the car. The only thing I noticed was the 'Stop/Start' was not as active. I will monitor this over the coming weeks.The door sash's I cannot comment on as it is all hidden, but it was something to do with a possible future corrosion issue.On the way home the forward alarm went off as a car braked in front of me, but it was as expected and I had not noticed anything untoward before the update anyway.Pretty much a non event actually.
1.6 DCI CVT Xtronic, Ink Blue, Front city bar, Rear city bar, Front bumper streamer, Side steps, Wind deflectors, Rear boot lid sill protector, Polished door sill protectors, Mudflaps, Sharks fin