Thinking of buying a QashQai

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
Ian141

Post by Ian141 »

[quote="B737NGWS"] [quote="DaveBerlin"] Ian141, well you certainly seem to have joined the Forum with a Bang critising the QQ and it's Members. OK there are a lot more Members happy with their QQ's than unhappy which must be a good Point for Nissan, people do tend to make their Point on this but it goes both ways. Now if you are one of the unlucky ones that is a Shame but as AlleyCat mentioned have you tried another Dealer or have you even bothered to pester NCS in writing. There is a lot of very good Input positive and negative on this Forum that is very worthwhile so please keep your tone down and accept people for what they are - Thanks Dave [/QUOTE]

A LITTLE HARSH!!?

Test drive both tomorrow and the above points have helped me prepare adequately-thanks to everyone. I must say though that I remain to be convinced that the 1.5DCi is the car for us-just maybe the 163digt but will see!! Thanks again to ALL the feedback.[/QUOTE]

Possibly. But many on here think that the QQ is above criticism, so Im not really surprised. .. I'm sure some of the 'looking on the bright side' is an attempt to convince themselves that the car isn't a bit overated, when in my own experience it certainly is.

Don't buy the 1.5 dci if you've ever driven a decent, refined diesel, or you're sure to be disappointed. I can't comment on the 1.6 as I've not tried one.

F1 Bob

Post by F1 Bob »

Well I have driven quite a few refined diesels and have no problem with Nissans 1.5 dCi. Quiet, smooth, refined and economical plus reasonable torque. Where the problem is I don't know.F1 Bob2015-02-01 21:47:44
Pulsar 1.5 dCi Tekna in Bronze
Ian141

Post by Ian141 »

[quote="F1 Bob"] Well I have driven quite a few refined diesels and have no problem with Nissans 1.5 dCi. Quiet, smooth, refined and economical plus reasonable torque. Where the problem is I don't know.[/QUOTE]

Depends what you've driven before I suppose. Mine isn't particularly quiet, when cold it sounds like a tractor. Once warm, its ok, but not the best. Incidentally, it's a Renault engine.
F1 Bob

Post by F1 Bob »

[quote="Ian141"] [quote="F1 Bob"] Well I have driven quite a few refined diesels and have no problem with Nissans 1.5 dCi. Quiet, smooth, refined and economical plus reasonable torque. Where the problem is I don't know.[/QUOTE]

Depends what you've driven before I suppose. Mine isn't particularly quiet, when cold it sounds like a tractor. Once warm, its ok, but not the best. Incidentally, it's a Renault engine.[/QUOTE]

Audio,BMW and VAG mostly, never had a Merc. Yes, I know the engine is Renault in origin, and none the worse for that, but Nissan have their own take on mapping and spec.
This engine has been around a long time and like Ford with their engines it has been improved and developed over the years. It may be 8v against newer 16v engines but it is a solid and reliable unit in its latest form. I feel an engine well into its development life is a better bet than a new power unit with little mileage or development.
With regard to your own problems it would be worth trying a different dealer as you will be running the car for three years.F1 Bob2015-02-02 04:52:07
Pulsar 1.5 dCi Tekna in Bronze
montimar

Post by montimar »

My last Diesel was a BMW 2000 cc 3series and that was as rough as old boots compared to my 1.6 QQ. The 1.5 is rated better by the Motoring Press so it must be really good.
April 2014 Acenta 1.6 Xtronic Blade Silver
QQ013

Post by QQ013 »

my last diesel was a Opel astra with 1.7 ecotec 136Bhp ... my god. What a noise and rattle every time the power kicked in..I took the 1.5 for a very long testdrive and left the car with a big smile. Till the trade in for my Astra became the topic i was happy.
QQ 1.6Dig-T Tekna