audio question

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
crazyhorse70

Post by crazyhorse70 »

I will be picking up my QQ Tekna on the 1st March and I have a question about USB audio. My current car (astra) will play from a USB stick but it cannot read more than 1000 songs, no matter what the file structure. I can though access the folders from the car controls. My sister picked her new QQ up 3 months ago and she bought an iPod in order to access all her music and make use of the QQ controls/menus. My point is, an iPod is way more extensive than a large USB stick, but will I get the same functionality and be able to access the same number of songs? Anyone have experience of using both in their new QQ?

jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

No problems with any amount of tracks on the USB stick, many use up to 64gb versions. Just be careful where you buy from I had a 32gb one purchased from ebay which was cheap and is obviously not fast enough to index the music, buy a good quality branded one from a genuine source.
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors
F1 Bob

Post by F1 Bob »

You can certainly access the file directory on your usb stick via the Connect as I do this all the time. Not sure about the max gb you can use but I must have moore than a 1000 tracks on my stick and it works fine.
Pulsar 1.5 dCi Tekna in Bronze
crazyhorse70

Post by crazyhorse70 »

Thanks for this. Can anyone confirm if all menus and controls are the same between iPod and USB stick?