2024 QQ 158 Tekna Xtronic - Brake pad/disc noise and "clunk" from passenger door when engine is shut off

General / Ordering Forum for the new 2021 (J12) Qashqai
josecso
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by josecso »

Hi, just got a brand new 2024 QQ 158 Tekna Xtronic 2WD (Pearl White) a few days ago. So far really enjoying the car as it's so much more relaxing than the manual 2019 Tucson CRDI 116hp I traded in. The interior quality and tech really impressed my wife and I.

I've done about 400 kms so far with the car. If anyone can help me with the following as to avoid a trip do the Nissan dealer I would appreciate it :-)
  • Noise from front wheels when breaking and driving at low speeds - I've noticed that when I brake and when driving roughly around 30 km/h (20 mph) and above the there's a particular noise that appears to be "friction noise" from the new break discs and pads. Is this normal? I never had a brand new car (always low-mileage pre-owned) but don't recall this type of issue with new discs and pads when changed on my previous cars.
  • Clunk sound from passenger door (right side as I'm from Portugal) whenever the car is driven and then engine is switched off by pressing the Engine Start/Stop button. It seems as though something is activated in the passenger door (lock mechanism?) whenever the engine is shut off. Anyone else experience this?
I thank you for your help
2024 Tekna 158 Xtronic 2WD Pearl White

Jamie307

Post by Jamie307 »

I've not experienced either of these issues. Definitely get the brakes checked by the dealer you bought the car from. They shouldn't be making that noise, especially not while not actually braking.

I can't find anything about door locks that is linked to the ignition, but this may vary in different countries - check the version of the manual for your country.
Tekna Xtronic ordered April 2023 collected September 2023
josecso

Post by josecso »

Thanks for the reply. Regarding the "surface friction" noise which seems to come from the brakes, and after a longer drive this weekend, the noise seems to be less pronounced. I'll drive a few more days and should the noise persist check with the local Nissan dealer.

Thanks again.
2024 Tekna 158 Xtronic 2WD Pearl White
bryfly48

Post by bryfly48 »

josecso wrote: Fri Mar 15, 2024 11:15 pm
  • Clunk sound from passenger door (right side as I'm from Portugal) whenever the car is driven and then engine is switched off by pressing the Engine Start/Stop button. It seems as though something is activated in the passenger door (lock mechanism?) whenever the engine is shut off. Anyone else experience this?
I have the same clunk when turning off the engine, to me it sounds like the noise a relay makes when dropping out, from the right hand side on, a RH drive Qashqai connecta