Expected delivery and subsequent delays

General / Ordering Forum for the new 2021 (J12) Qashqai
Jamie307
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by Jamie307 »

QQ2047 wrote: Thu Nov 09, 2023 10:07 pm I got a call that it will be available to pick up next week as well. They seem to have my new car's registration number on hand, but yet to be registered. does anyone know the insurance companies will have new cars details before the pick up date, or the new regs don't usually get through DVLA until the pick up date?
Insurance companies likely won't be able to retrieve the details from the reg at pickup-date, although it will depend when the actual registration took place (the dealer chooses the reg prior to it actually being registered). However you can insure it by simply providing the make and model details to the insurance company yourself along with the reg.
Tekna Xtronic ordered April 2023 collected September 2023

Curefan1966

Post by Curefan1966 »

Was formerly ‘thecurefan’. Wont go into why but old acc deleted. Anyway, finally, picked new car up today after a 9 month wait. Tekna metallic blue with light grey interior.
J12 Tekna metallic blue/light grey interior - ordered 4/4/2023 collected 2/1/2024

Previous Cars (all 1.5dci)
J10B Ntec in Blue
J11A Acenta Premium in Metallic Red
J11A Tekna in Nightshade
J11B Tekna+ in Gun metallic
src2024

Post by src2024 »

Hello all...new to the Forum and I have read through this string!

I would suggest that many "Motability" people make the mistake that they treat the vehicle expected like a purchase.
Ordering many extras...that cause the Sunderland Line to "cough and splutter" until out pops your cars!!! lol
Really what one should do is pick the model and trim level add a preferred colour....and wait!
I did that three years ago and got my QQ in 15 days....yes 15 days! The knack is to treat the vehicle as a rental...not ya own private baby! lol
I have another one on order and have been quoted 15 days again.
ON THE BUSES for ever! Reg and Jack are Gods! :D
Curefan1966

Post by Curefan1966 »

src2024 wrote: Sat Jan 13, 2024 10:49 am Hello all...new to the Forum and I have read through this string!

I would suggest that many "Motability" people make the mistake that they treat the vehicle expected like a purchase.
Ordering many extras...that cause the Sunderland Line to "cough and splutter" until out pops your cars!!! lol
Really what one should do is pick the model and trim level add a preferred colour....and wait!
I did that three years ago and got my QQ in 15 days....yes 15 days! The knack is to treat the vehicle as a rental...not ya own private baby! lol
I have another one on order and have been quoted 15 days again.
Mine was standard - Tekna, epower, metallic blue NO EXTRAS. And I did ………..wait……………..9 months
J12 Tekna metallic blue/light grey interior - ordered 4/4/2023 collected 2/1/2024

Previous Cars (all 1.5dci)
J10B Ntec in Blue
J11A Acenta Premium in Metallic Red
J11A Tekna in Nightshade
J11B Tekna+ in Gun metallic
mdeko1

Post by mdeko1 »

Hello,

I ordered a N-Connecta Xtronic at the end of Jan and im told they are still waiting for a build date/week to be allocated. I was originally told to expect it to be delivered by May but the long this goes on the more i am doubting that will happen.

Can anyone remember how long the build week took to be allocated for their vehicles? then how long in the future the build date is once its assigned?

Thanks
BlackStar66

Post by BlackStar66 »

Those of you who are waiting for cars to be built, check the Nissan stock list. I ordered a N Connecta e power in Pearl Black on Wednesday 13th March 24. It was delivered yesterday whilst I was at the dealership and we will take delivery on Monday 25th March