Evans Halshaw no longer Nissan New car Dealer

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
MontyB52
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by MontyB52 »

Took my Qashqai epower to my Evans Halshaw dealer for its first service, & noticed all the Nissan branding had gone, & the cars in the showroom were used vw & Audi.
I overheard one of the salesmen say on the phone they were no longer a dealer for new Nissan & it hadn’t been decided what they will be yet by Head office, possibly just a used car dealer.
I asked the lady on the service desk & she said they are & will be still an authorised Nissan parts & service but not new cars!

When I got back I checked on EH website & Nissan no longer comes up in their New Car drop-down list of manufacturers…so looks like either EH have dropped Nissan or Nissan have dropped them.

Hope my dealer remains a Nissan service centre as I’ve for 1 more free service included on my deal (at that branch)!!
Looks like I’ll need to find another dealer now & build up a new relationship.
72 plate E-Power N-Connecta in Burgundy 8-)

startv
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by startv »

Hi MontyB52
What part of UK are you in as my usual Nissan dealer in Doncaster, South Yorkshire which is run by Evans Halshaw also recently stopped being a new car dealer too and is now a "Authorised Nissan Service Centre" and only sells used Nissan cars and have heard they may be adding another franchise to their name.

Ironically Sunderland Nissan home of Nissan GB car factory is also Evans Halshaw run but unsure what there status is.

Wonder if Evans Halshaw and Nissan have changed their relationship for any particular reason? I asked my Dealership if Nissan had fallen out with them he said no the company's contract was up for renewal?

In Doncaster Marshall have the new contract for Nissan and have a brand new dealership for new cars so technically at this time I have two options for Nissan Authorised Service Centres for servicing, repairs etc.
startv

Post by startv »

Just to add think it's all Evans Halshaw as looked back at the email they sent me some weeks back and it's worded as plural and doesn't specify my branch only so looks like it's nationwide.

Full details of the changes can be read here:
https://e.evanshalshawnews.com/2/5/1880 ... 5O2HWmTRNo

Interestingly no reasons given for the changes only the changes explained.
Pandjh

Post by Pandjh »

As long as it remains "authorised" you'll be fine. If you have issues beyond the 3 year warranty you'll need a 100% Nissan/Authorised service book to stand even the remotest chance of Nissan acting honourably.
2019 1.3 DiG-T 160 Tekna, black (J11b)
prev 2015 1.2 DiG-T n-tec+, black (J11)
prev 2009 1.5 dCi Acenta, black (J10)
MontyB52

Post by MontyB52 »

It’s the EH Nissan dealer in Mansfield.
Thankfully there are 3 other Nissan dealers within 20 miles, 2 Bristol Street Motors dealers & a Sandicliffe dealer.
I recall a previous dealer telling me he could see all his franchises new & used stock, but also new stock at other franchises through Nissans own dealers site, (so was able to get hold of a new car from another dealer, if the other dealer would accept it, usually a trade was done). So Nissan will know how many cars each franchise is selling & if they are slashing profit margins to sell.
72 plate E-Power N-Connecta in Burgundy 8-)
hootintootin

Post by hootintootin »

Colin Appleyard in Keighley also no longer a new Nissan car dealer - just servicing now plus Suzuki.
QQ Tekna AWD Xtronic ordered Aug 2021and arrived Dec 2021
andy2019
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by andy2019 »

Maybe all the dealers are going back in time to how it used to be when you could only get nissan from nissan, ford from ford etc as new cars and electric are more complex to fix and service that car sellers like evans halshaw, bristol street etc end up sending them to nissan etc to get fix as they will have correct gear 😉
calmac
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai - J10 (2006–2013)

Post by calmac »

Evans Halshaw in Sunderland no longer sells new Nissan cars. Only about half a mile away fron the Nissan factory too.