Mid September and E-Power just ordered ...

General / Ordering Forum for the new 2021 (J12) Qashqai
roadster
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by roadster »

Looking for delivery next March I have just placed an order for the N-Connecta. I have also added a genuine Nissan space saver wheel and tyre. More expensive than third party ones but obviously approved for use on the QQ. I could have spent a bit more on a Tecna, or perhaps a heated seats option if that was offered, but I wanted to avoid the glass roof and low profile tyres. Pity Nissan's manufacturing isn't flexible enough to give customers more options on the assembly line but it does offer, in my opinion, good value.

BobM

Post by BobM »

Where did you find the details for the spare wheel ?
Tekna DIGT MHEV 4X4 CVT
roadster

Post by roadster »

BobM wrote: Thu Sep 21, 2023 7:24 pm Where did you find the details for the spare wheel ?
I asked the salesman about it and he got the part numbers from his parts department with wheel tyre and valve each as separate items. Total cost was over £200 but I decided not to take a chance on cheaper ones not sanctioned by Nissan. Incidentally there is also a spare wheel kit package which includes jack etc. but its even more expensive. Sorry I didn't get the part numbers but it was obvious that they had been asked for this before.

Space savers are usually sized to have the correct rolling diameter and this will approximately match any of the wheel size and tyre options because bigger wheels are always offered only with lower profile tyres. Offset and brake calliper clearance would presumably be guaranteed if the parts are sold as suitable.
BobM

Post by BobM »

Checked with my local dealer and the part numbers for spare wheel kits have just been released but does say not suitable for E-Power !!!
Tekna DIGT MHEV 4X4 CVT
roadster

Post by roadster »

BobM wrote: Sat Sep 23, 2023 8:16 pm Checked with my local dealer and the part numbers for spare wheel kits have just been released but does say not suitable for E-Power !!!
There may be a slight risk that the "kit" includes shaped foam which doesn't fit the E-power, and a slight risk that the callipers of the E-power are too big for the space-saver rim. That risk is for the dealer to worry about in my case, but I won't know for sure until the car arrives in 5 or 6 months time.
roadster

Post by roadster »

New car ( Burgundy N-Connecta ) now at dealers and should be ready for 1st March. Fingers crossed -very excited.