Temperature sensitive - engine warning light comes on

General Chat about the Mk1 QashQai
stevewiz
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai - J10 (2006–2013)

Post by stevewiz »

I can bulk this out with more details later, and would need to get the codes read from the car again.

I am driving a +2 variant J10, in the 2 litre diesel Tekna spec from 2012. Auto gear box.

The issue started last year in the winter, in the worst of the cold. Engine warning light showing, and the ECU put the engine into a limp mode. Later during the day, after engine temperature and outside temperature got some heat into the vehicle, the car drove normally .

Codes read said turbo pressure sensor. This was replaced, with no effect. Engine warning light returned for mechanic as he tested the fix.
Main dealer did further work to no effect (they replaced a different sensor, test drove it while warm, and gave us the vehicle back, only for it to fail on the next morning when cold). They then replaced a solenoid as I said the cold sensitivity had to mean it was something with a moving part that was getting stuck.

At this point, temperature outside increased with the season, and warning/fault did not return through the summer.

Last weekend, very cold weather again, with sub-zero fog on M1 motorway, and the fault returned. Suddenly dropping out of cruise, warning light on, low power. Pulled in to services, got food, let the heat stay under the bonnet - restart and there was no issue. For the return journey - temperatures were above zero, and no issue. No engine warning light on either.

If the car said 'turbo pressure' but this was replaced and did not fix the issue, and there is a temperature sensitivity, does anyone have any further clues as to where to look from experience or their expertise, please?

Steve