MP3 Connectivity

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
MiltonJ
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by MiltonJ »

Hi, Hopefully someone can help with my issue.

When I purchased my Qashqai at the end of November I was told that i would be able to play my I-pod classic through the USB sockets but this has proved not to be the case.

I have since tried a thumb drive and an high end MP3 player but nothing seems to work other than my I-phone which utilises Apple Play.

I understand if Apple Play won't recognise the Classic but surely I should still be able to play the music through the car stereo using the I-pod controls to select albums etc.

Does anyone have any idea what I can do to fix the issue?

Thanks in advance

gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

I'm not familiar with the recent cars but if all else fails pop them on a USB stick - that's what I did.

The manual does suggest (Connect p3-4) that the only iPod that can be used is the "iPod touch® (7th generation)".

Check out troubleshooting on page 8-7:

Capture.JPG

There is no mention of other MP3 players being compatible.
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
MiltonJ

Post by MiltonJ »

I've tried a USB stick and the car doesn't acknowledge that there's anything plugged in the USB socket.

It looks like i'll have to get a cheap I-Phone to use as an I-pod touch
AbVe97

Post by AbVe97 »

It seems that the current nissan qashqai 2023 model does not recognise the latest Windows format standard "exFAT". Usb sticks formatted to one of the older standards FAT, FAT32 or NTFS will be recognised. We had bought a 62GB stick because the 128GB stick of music was not recognised and we initially thought it was because of the storage size. On reformatting to NTFS ( the only other option windows 11 allowed) and storing some music, it worked.
Please remember that reformatting a usb stick wipes it clean of any content present. So best to use a new and empty stick, reformat to NTFS,say, and then copy music across.
The brand name of a stick only matters if you know which format FAT32, exFAT or NTFS the manufacturer uses as standard to make the stick ready to use out of the box.
highpeakrider
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by highpeakrider »

AbVe97 wrote: Mon Dec 04, 2023 4:20 pm It seems that the current nissan qashqai 2023 model does not recognise the latest Windows format standard "exFAT". Usb sticks formatted to one of the older standards FAT, FAT32 or NTFS will be recognised. We had bought a 62GB stick because the 128GB stick of music was not recognised and we initially thought it was because of the storage size. On reformatting to NTFS ( the only other option windows 11 allowed) and storing some music, it worked.
Please remember that reformatting a usb stick wipes it clean of any content present. So best to use a new and empty stick, reformat to NTFS,say, and then copy music across.
The brand name of a stick only matters if you know which format FAT32, exFAT or NTFS the manufacturer uses as standard to make the stick ready to use out of the box.
Thanks for that, works great using NTFS :D
AbVe97

Post by AbVe97 »

I'm glad it helped👍.