Loss of power, 2010 1.5dci

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
HMaz
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai - J10 (2006–2013)

Post by HMaz »

I have a 2010 1.5 dci, it seems to have had so many faults since I bought it a few years ago and it has gone wrong recently yet again.

It has started losing power at times. It will be absolutely fine, accelerates well then I will stop at the lights or a roundabout, go to pull away and it has a loss of power, accelerating so so slowly. It effectually gets up to speed then is fine again. No warning lights are on. I took it to the local garage for diagnostics, they said it wasn't bringing up any codes innitially, they've taken it on numerous test drives, looked at various things and then said that they managed to get it to bring up a code indicating the egr valve needed replacing.

They said it should all be sorted now after a full service, egr valve replaced and also a new battery and starter motor as it was also having problems starting. They said I need to take it on a good long motorway drive (which I have done). and go through two full tanks of diesel to flush it through as apparently there was a lot of crap in the system, and I should use some sort of additive/cleaner too. I don't know a lot about cars and don't really trust the garage at all so have no idea how likely this is to all help. I've only used one tank of fuel so far and have had the loss of power issue a few times again so don't know what to do now. I have spent an absolute fortune on repairs to it recently and don't want to keep spending if the garage don't really know what the problem is.

Does anyone have any suggestions of what could be causing the loss of power? It's fine most of the time and it only happens when I've been stopped at lights/roundabout etc, it has no problems accelerating when already at higher speeds.

Thanks