Nissan connect services

General / Ordering Forum for the new 2021 (J12) Qashqai
Jendy63
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by Jendy63 »

Need help please. I've downloaded app, paired device, got the email from Nissan to tell me what subscriptions I have. But the car is still coming up with "subscription needed". Can't get anything, weather, traffic etc. Anyone got any tips please 🙏🤞

Thornton321

Post by Thornton321 »

I'm in the same boat.

I have downloaded the app, received the email telling me I have subscriptions, paired my phone with the car (from a Connect point of view) and I'm also using my phone as a wi-fi hotspot in the car and ensuring the car is connected to it.

However, when I try to switch on "Premium Traffic" I get a message saying I need a subscription...

IMG_9458.jpg

Any help would be appreciated.
Thornton321

Post by Thornton321 »

Answering my own question...

I have managed to get my connected services to work now. I did the following:

- Removed my car from the App (Do not delete account)
- In the car, ensure the privacy warning is accepted
- Restore Nissan Connected Services to default settings (in the settings menu for connected services)
- Add Car to App using the VIN (I think this is where I made a mistake the first time as I scanned the VIN from the car windscreen and it scanned incorrectly the first time)
- Obtain the Pairing code from the car and enter it into the app.

Within moments the connected services (eg weather, traffic) were live in the car and the app was showing far more info about the car (range, tyre pressures etc).