Rear Camera failed

General / Ordering Forum for the new 2021 (J12) Qashqai
Teds
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by Teds »

My car is about a month old and the rear camera has failed. It's been into the dealer who cannot find anything wrong with the wiring (where it is accessible) so they have ordered a new camera. It is booked in to be fitted in mid-September (combination of th3e dealer's backlog , my holiday and needing the car for work). The sensors still work and most of the cameras which provide a good all round view except at the back. The auto parking facility doesn't work either because it seems to rely partly on the rear camera.

It would not be much of a problem but neither of us have driven a car without a rear view camera for more than 5 years.

Has anyone had a similar problem with their J12 QQ? Mine is an E-Power Tekna but I should think all Teknas have the same rear camera.

It seems wrong to be highlighting a defect when the car has been very good otherwise so far. I am still learning what it will do but the smooth accelearation and the better fuel comsumption that my previous car (Skoda Karoq) are the real plus points for me.
Current car Qashqai E-Power Tekna, previously Skoda Karoq SE 1.5 DSG, Seat Leon 1.2 DSG

MikeGC

Post by MikeGC »

As far as I can remember this is a new (and unwelcome) addition to the list of problems with the J12
March '22 - J12 1.3DIG-T 160 CVT Tekna+ with all wheel drive - Pearl Black
July '19 - J11B 1.3DIG-T 160 DCT Tekna - Vivid Blue
March '17 - Qashqai J11A 1.5dci n-connecta - gunmetal
September '14 - Juke 1.5dci gunmetal ascenta premium (red accent packs)
3bl

Post by 3bl »

Hi there,

I've got a new 2023 Tekna (got it in June) and the rear camera is having some issues. The camera "is working" but the image is distorted. It already happened 3 times so I will see with dealership what's the solution.

Image looks like this:

tempImagetzjw7H.gif

By the way, this is my second J12. The first one had a problem with the ProPilot system (I have few comments on the dedicated topic here on the forums) and since the problem kept coming back, I managed to negotiate the replacement car. Now I've got Tekna (instead of N-Con) and I must say that this J12 is miles ahead from the previous one. The first one was from the early production and it's amazing how this car feels better in many aspects. Didn't have any problem so far other than camera issue. The only annoyance was that screen in CarPlay looked very washed out but I managed to get the decent quality playing with the display settings. Screen before was better in terms of image quality.