Blower motor location for car with climate control

The place to discuss everything else..
Catherine F
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Catherine F »

Hi
I have a 2015 tekna (face-lift) and the blower motor needs replacing. On the standard model the blower motor is located behind the glove box. I have been told that because mine is the model with climate control it is located behind the dash and requires the whole dashboard to be taken out including the peddles and steering column. Can somebody tell me if this is correct or if there is an easier way to access it? I have tried 6 garages and no one wants to touch it. Nissan won't give me a price until I have had it diagnosed by them which is £99 + VAT. I don't want to spend that and then have to pay them £150 per hour if its going to take the 5 or 6 hours to do the work. The motor is £287 from Nissan and currently has a 16 week delivery date. I can get an after sales one for £170 but i can't find anyone to fit it!! It's almost sounding like it's uneconomical to repair just because the heater doesn't work!! Any advice or help would be greatly appreciated.

gloucester

Post by gloucester »

Welcome to this forum.

I don't recall anyone having a failed blower motor before.

You could try looking at the workshop manual which might give you a better indication of what's involved. Several sources:

https://cardiagn.com/nissan-qashqai-mod ... ir-manual/
https://zinref.ru/avtomobili/Nissan/004 ... SH/000.htm

I think I got my downloaded copy from https://getthemanuals.org/index.php?p=2 ... ice_Manual

I've attached the relevant section. Skimming through it seems to suggest all models have the same basic layout.
HA - HEATER & AIR CONDITIONING SYSTEM.pdf
(4.8 MiB) Downloaded 243 times
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
Squashy2
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by Squashy2 »

I suffered a faulty motor back in 2021 or so.
Had it replaced luckily under warranty, it was a customer waiting appointment at the Dealer, if memory serves me correctly it was only around an hour, so unless the technician was the quickest person ever to remove the whole dash, do the repair and refit the dash I'm guessing that it's easier than that.
I believe, and don't mind being corrected at all that the blower motor assembly sits behind the climate control display unit, also could be accessible from the passenger foot well behind the lower trim piece.
Have a look at Gloucester's links as he is usually one of the go to guys for useful information.
When I get home later I'll check my Haynes online manual to see if it has any information too.
2018 Acenta 1.2 DIG-T in Gunmetal grey.
Uniroyal Rain expert 5
Bonnet lifting struts

Previous QQ 2007 1.6 petrol Acenta (102K miles)
Squashy2

Post by Squashy2 »

I have just checked on my online manual and I stand corrected.
The clutch pedal assembly has to be removed to allow access to the heater blower motor via the drivers foot well.

image.jpeg

Uniroyal Rain expert 5
Bonnet lifting struts

Squashy2

Post by Squashy2 »

Apart from the hassle of removing the clutch pedal assembly, removal and refitting of the motor looks to be easy.
Detach the wiring connector.
Remove the small screw (@ 3o'clock) on the motor housing, thus allowing the motor to turn clock wise and pull out of the housing.

image (1).jpeg

image (2).jpeg

Uniroyal Rain expert 5
Bonnet lifting struts

gloucester

Post by gloucester »

Great advice!
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
Squashy2

Post by Squashy2 »

gloucester wrote: Fri Feb 10, 2023 9:03 am Great advice!
That's a true compliment coming from you my Friend.
I will add, anyone needing help (via pictures, I do like pictures when I'm getting my hands dirty whilst doing D.I.Y on the car) just drop me a P.M and I'll do my best to help out via Haynes 👍
Uniroyal Rain expert 5
Bonnet lifting struts

campers

Post by campers »

Hello .

Only just got a qashqai few days ago and already enjoying his bad bits .

Seems like the blower motor died on mine .

I tried the resistor and it seems alright . ( couldn't find any details about the values it should have , but seemed fine )
I also checked the resistivity of the motor ( via white and whatever color is the other wire ) that connects the motor to the ressistor and it did had some resistance but wasnt steady . it was showing different results ad at some point it was keep growing ( like it would've had some capacitor in between and capacitor was charging )

Anyway , final test was to put the wires leading to motor straight on a 12v battery . Nothing happening . Tried and hit the motor ( or close to it , as we know it's hard to acces ) a few times thinking it might be the brushes that went , and hey presto i could hear it trying to spin . So it must be the brushes .

Couldn't find any big name brands making it on ebay , so i got one that they say it has a 1 yr warranty . It's due to be delivered on tuesday .

I had a look about taking it out ( thats how i got to this forum ) and it doesnt seem easy .

Can i please have some advices or hints and tips about how to remove the clutch pedal and what else is necessary ?

thank you ! :)