First 1000 miles report

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
aqualung

Post by aqualung »

Traded my 12 plate Tekna as I was seduced by the new model. Collected my Qashqai Limited Edition Tekna 4x4 on the 1st March. As I speak it is with the dealership sorting out the following issues:
- At higher speeds under firm braking experienced vibration from rear brakes. New disc's being fitted!!
- Cruise control stopped working.
- All the radio station pre-sets wiped, had to reprogrammed
- Whist driving along the forward camera started to flash on and off, complete with warning bleeps.
- The offside blind spot warning kept illuminating for no reason.
Part from that its okay, though I have asked them to refit the rear number plate so it is straight.

OTHER ISSUES
- With all the technology, including being able to set the lux levels at which the headlights come on, the steering
effort, number of time the indicators operate when lane changing, etc.etc. One really useful thing they could have
done was to have enabled the digital speedo readout to be switched between MPH and KPH. Every car I know
that has this sort of display can do this, including my son's Honda. When I first spoke to Nissan Customer
Services, I was told "i'm sure it can be done, you can do it on the Leaf". Turns out it can't be done, crazy.
- Speed cameras, I was told these are not fitted, it was a subscription service. After some trail and error, found
they can be activated. Last week my mate picked up his Tekna (from another dealer to mine). He asked weather
speed camera warnings were installed and was told "no", he informed them they could be and that I would activate
them for him. When I initially phoned Nissan Customer Services, they were not sure and said one of the
customers had informed them they could be activated. She then said I need to looked in book under' alarms'.
When I went to the page and said I could not see what she was referring to, it turned out they did not have copies
of the various operators manuals!!!
- Nissan Connect. Whats that about? I get postings on Facebook showing all that it can do. Mine only shows
Google and Facebook. Still have not been able to 'send to car' When I first got the car I took it to the dealership
and was told "the system had not been activated by Nissan", Wrong, I showed the salesman how to do it. He
didn't realise iphones can only be connect via USB.
I get the impression these cars have been rushed out in time for the new registration (14). The dealerships do not
appear to have had sufficient induction into the various systems fitted to these vehicles.

Finally. I read an article in Auto Express about a company that can convert all the cameras to record to a device, if you are involved in an accident/incident, it is possible to download these images to your phone via the USB. Does have any information on this? It would be great if Nissan offered this as an upgrade option.

phaedra

Post by phaedra »

The only thing my dealer told me was to make sure I cleaned the rear camera as it gets very dirty, he didn't know it's self cleaning!. As you say it seems the cars were "penny pinched" to get them out for the 14 plate order rush, while there's a lot to like in QQ there's also an ever increasing number of niggles being reported from possible dodgy firmware/bluetooth audio problems, poor sound quality (no excuse for that at all), missing features and a distinct lack of support from the dealers (who appear not to have been fully trained on the cars systems) or Nissan themselves who just point peoples enquiries back to a dealer.
Goodbye Qashqai, Hello Ford Kuga, much quieter ride and a decent sound system :)
PeterL

Post by PeterL »

[quote="Finally. I read an article in Auto Express about a company that can convert all the cameras to record to a device, if you are involved in an accident/incident, it is possible to download these images to your phone via the USB. Does have any information on this? It would be great if Nissan offered this as an upgrade option. [/QUOTE]This bit caught my eye are you able to reference it please?Thanks
Tekna CVT 1.6 Magnetic Red - born 4/4/14 P/X 25/10/2015 for £19k with 12,000 on the clock - great car but time to change. No problems whatsoever in those 18 month's.
aqualung

Post by aqualung »

I stumbled across an article online. They mentioned the name of a company, who stated it was a relatively easy modification, I Googled them and found they are based in the USA. I assumed other companies would follow the lead. I have just looked at Auto Express site and could not re-find this article, hence the reason for me asking whether anyone else had knowledge of this.
Donkey

Post by Donkey »

Converting MPH to KPH is a phone call im waiting to hear about lolI thought it would be easy as you have a digital MPH on main dash but couldnt work it out and having a month away so will need itGlad you answered this as ill be having words re that maybe passing them some speeding fines Sounds like your car has been a rush job, ive always joked us who had to wait will get a better car as you early lot work the bugs out
ippopy

Post by ippopy »

[quote="aqualung"]I stumbled across an article online. They mentioned the name of a company, who stated it was a relatively easy modification, I Googled them and found they are based in the USA. I assumed other companies would follow the lead. I have just looked at Auto Express site and could not re-find this article, hence the reason for me asking whether anyone else had knowledge of this.[/QUOTE]
For this I will transfer my current Blackvue DR550 twin camera from old car onto Nissan. Works great and give clear picture front and back. Also it streams live and recorded video to your smartphone through wifi. I don't think you will get 1080p picture through car cameras plus they might be position too low to obtain correct evidence after accident (knock in the wood ).Camera cost about £300 which probably will be more/less the same as for conversion.
ippopy2014-04-10 17:48:18
TC3

Post by TC3 »

The digital MPH bit baffles me. Every bike and car I have owned that has had a digital display was able to show either km or mph and as I like to take car abroad TC32014-04-10 18:13:09
Tony ... 1.5 Acenta Premium in Gunmetal

andrewjoseph

Post by andrewjoseph »

They must be able to display km, 80% goes abroad.
tekna cvt mag red
TC3

Post by TC3 »

Well I could not believe it could not be done and lo and behold....... it can and I did
Tony ... 1.5 Acenta Premium in Gunmetal

jukester46

Post by jukester46 »

"Lux levels" Are we talking about the ambient lighting or instrument lights?