Phonebook upload from my Samsung S3

Forum for wheels, tyres, suspension, chassis, brakes
AndrewS

Post by AndrewS »

Hello all new to this. Just bought a Dualis or Quashqai. Nissan Connect wont upload my phonebook from Galaxy S3. My wifes nokia uploads first time but the S3 does not. No errors just no phone book. All other Bluetooth functionality works but Smasung wont. any ideas

DaveH
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by DaveH »

Just a thought as I had a similar problem with my QQ and my HTC Once S. Try copying your contacts from the SIM card to the phone itself. If you have SIM card phone book selected (on the phone) it doesn't read the contacts via the Nissan Connect system, this is what happened with my phone. On the HTC you can tell the phone which phone book to use, I de select SIM contacts and hey presto, it uploaded my contacts... best of luck.
Life was good...then I brought a Qashqai, now it’s better!
J12 Qashqai Tekna,1.3, 140bhp, MH, Polar White - 2023
J11 Qashqai N-Connecta,1.5DCI Polar White (2019 - 2023)
J10 Qashqai Tekna,1.5DCI Gun Metal (2014 - 2019)
EthanEdwqards

Post by EthanEdwqards »

I have a SG Note 2 which is essentially the same phone. My connect uploaded OK but the phone asked for permission to procede before uploading the contacts. Did you get a message (and beep) on your phone?

2012 Tekna 2ltr dci Auto 4wd with Nissan Connect.
Eagles may soar but Weasels don't get sucked into jet engines...
Marianda24

Post by Marianda24 »

I have a Samsung Galaxy S3 and have all my contacts saved to my phone at the moment but as my car isn't due for a couple of months (that sounds like its ages away) I wont be able to try it out. It is easy enough to swap your contacts from phone to Sim and back again so I will be interested to hear how you get on.
Silverman

Post by Silverman »

I have a Samsung S3 and my contacts show on the cars display. The car is the new 2014 Qashqai Acenta.
Marianda24

Post by Marianda24 »

Thank you for that info Silverman. Its looking promA‚sing that the Galaxy S3 phonebook will show on the 2014 Qashqai. It didn't work on my previous QQ but that was 5 years ago
TC3

Post by TC3 »

We use S4' so that's good to know
Tony ... 1.5 Acenta Premium in Gunmetal

ChrisB

Post by ChrisB »

I don't want all my contacts to download from my work blackberry and clutter up the contact list in the car - just want selected ones. I can't find a way to enter contacts directly on the car system; any ideas?
Chris B
TrepaTrepa

Post by TrepaTrepa »

I had the same problem with my Samsung S4 and found this solution, hope it works for you to.Go to Google Store and instal(just install, you do not have to run it) this App: "Bluetooth File Transfer" from Medieval Software, then PAIR again you phone with you car, if all went fine, this time your phone will ask you permition to share the contact list, press OK and wait for the import.Please update us if you get sucess !
CHANGES in my order: Qashqai 1.5 N-TEC White Pearl
Alan22

Post by Alan22 »

[quote="DaveH"]Just a thought as I had a similar problem with my QQ and my HTC Once S. Try copying your contacts from the SIM card to the phone itself. If you have SIM card phone book selected (on the phone) it doesn't read the contacts via the Nissan Connect system, this is what happened with my phone. On the HTC you can tell the phone which phone book to use, I de select SIM contacts and hey presto, it uploaded my contacts... best of luck.[/QUOTE]
As above my Samsung worked by numbers in phone and not on sim
2014 Premium 1.2 DIG-T Metalic Black