Final rant!

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
COACHSWIN

Post by COACHSWIN »

My 1.6 diesel Tecna 4wd is the first Nissan that I have ever owned and it will also be my last. I have had the car for 21 months and finally traded it in on Friday. I suppose when you purchase a car with all the 'goodies' on it, you expect it all to work. Nissan seem to have used untested components in many instances and then partially resolved the problems over quite a long period of time. Drilling holes in some of my sensors so that water did not give false signals, I did think that was a pretty low tech solution. The worst thing not to work on the car was the blind spot warning located on the mirror. Although part of the 'Advanced Safety Shield' (to protect you at ALL times!!) They only work when the weather is dry. In rain the lights flash on and off on a very regular basis resulting in my having to turn off the system as it was so distracting. The final response from Nissan was that this ".....is as it should be. As such it is not something we would change or remove".
The Qashqai is highly rated by the motoring press, but if you look at real customer ratings, it is actually quite lowly rated compared when most other vehicles.
Okay, as the Forum confirms, Nissan does not seem keen on addressing many of the issues with this vehicle. There is only one answer to this. Never purchase a Nissan or other brands within the Group including Infiniti. If you have a genuine problem, Nissan is likely to fob you off. Until they make major improvements in dealing with genuine problems, their long term future must be put in question.
I will now be unsubscibing from the forum
David

RDHJP

Post by RDHJP »

I can understand your anger.
However also have a 1.6d Tekna 4wd. My car has had absolutely no problems in 15 months,.
Which leads me to a question, if it was so bad why on earth did you not reject the car?
RDHJP
Tekna 1.6dci 4x4
Beardyman

Post by Beardyman »

Quick question: when you say "no problems", does that mean your Blind spot warning lights work perfectly even in the rain or that you don't consider it a problem when the give false detections?

Just asking as mine always trigger in even light rain. To be honest it's one of the very few things that irritates me about my QQ. In the dark and rain is precisely where I would find these aids most useful.
1.2 DiG-T TEKNA petrol manual panoramic, nightshade. Easy-Lift bonnet gas strut kit.
QDay 28.11.2014
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Beardyman, this does seem to be your major problem. It might be a stupid question but have you approached the Dealer or contacted NCS on your problem, if not I would recommend it. Out here NCS does react, it just depends how much chasing up you do. On our Juke & QQ any dealings through our Dealer or NCS were or have been rectified - Give it a Go Dave ;)
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Beardyman

Post by Beardyman »

Dave, this is probably my only problem! Overall I'm very happy with my QQ. The reason I haven't done anything about the BSW detectors is that from what I've read on this and other forums, it's a known fault that is experienced by all and is an inherent design flaw probably caused by water droplets gathering on the camera lens. If you're saying that you never ( or rarely) experience this in the rain and mine has fault that can be cured, then I'll make the call to my dealer and take the car over to them. For me this is a half day commitment of time out of a very busy schedule so only to be undertaken with a reasonable expectation of a successful result.

Like I say, generally I'm very satisfied with my QQ.
1.2 DiG-T TEKNA petrol manual panoramic, nightshade. Easy-Lift bonnet gas strut kit.
QDay 28.11.2014
jonceebee

Post by jonceebee »

I find it strange an owner who has had a car he dislikes so much for 21 months and yet only makes five posts and once again the usual comments about the same usual things,
I have spoken to many J11 owners including the four at my former employers who have had the cars for almost two years, and apart from the same comments about the BSW problems the all have said their cars have"not missed a beat" and most have done over 45k miles.

My car has been absolutely trouble free apart from the BSW indicators when it rains, but I can live with this. I mentioned some of these reported problems to the service manager on my second service two weeks ago, He said there had been a problem with some front sensors needing drilling due to water, this was down to a batch of sensors with faulty seals, this has now been rectified, and cars fitted with the correct ones are fine.

The oil burning issue has been very minimal and on so few cars but the engine software patch has resolved this where necessary. The creaking steering is down to an upper suspension bush which if problematic has been cured by a modified design.

There are always teething problems with new models and by now all most of the issues will have been rectified, But I do feel most of the problems with Nissan is down to the dealers who often do not offer the service or help they should. My dealer has been great and they aim to get 10 out of 10 with questionnaires' etc. they give after the service, followed by a courtesy call a few days later asking how things are,
QQ 2014 1.2 Tekna Storm White. Chromed front lip finisher,Side Sills,Glass Finisher, Lower Trunk Finisher, White Side mouldings, White AlloyGaytors, Wind Deflectors
Cross Over Pack, auto fold mirrors