Loud Engine Rattle/Drilling Noise

Forum for the Nissan Qashqai e-Power
AndyMorris
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by AndyMorris »

I appreciate this topic has been covered before & I see one member on here has apparently manged to get a fix.
Well I've seen 2 dealerships now and neither of them know about an EV & ECM reprogram for engine noise or any other update covering engine noise.
Has anyone else managed to get this reprogram done? because I'm starting to think it's an Internet myth regards the fix :!: :?:
Tekna E-Power, Ceramic grey 2 tone.
Ordered 17th Jan expected 31st March arrived 30th May 2023!

NickB73

Post by NickB73 »

Yep, raised it with my dealership and they said there is a service bulletin for ECU update.
AndyMorris

Post by AndyMorris »

NickB73 wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 6:56 pm Yep, raised it with my dealership and they said there is a service bulletin for ECU update.
ECU update regards what?
Any reference to this update?
Is it only available if you have a service?(service update)
I guess Birmingham are the only dealerships who haven't heard of this update then? Weird.
I guessing NickB73 you haven't had the update? so please let me know when you get it, cheers fella
Tekna E-Power, Ceramic grey 2 tone.
Ordered 17th Jan expected 31st March arrived 30th May 2023!
MontyB52

Post by MontyB52 »

Hi Andy,
I wouldn’t say it’s a complete “fix”, but it is slightly quieter than it was before the service & “ECM reprogram” - I might even call the dealer & say it’s still not great, just to see what they now say.

Which franchise dealers have you been to?
If BSM, I’ll email the manager at my old local dealers (didn’t get epower from them) & see if they have heard about the ECM reprogram.
72 plate E-Power N-Connecta in Burgundy 8-)
CarlG

Post by CarlG »

Had our QQ back a few weeks back after generator and drive battery replacement and have noticed the rattling noise of the engine running is now more pronounced. I thought at first maybe the technicians had left some insulation out, but since then have also noticed that the rev step down is also not so smooth as it was when you slow to a halt. Still love the car though and glad to have it back. Need to ask the dealership about the ECU update though. Good to see so many new positive reviews appearing, many from the Aussie launch.
QQ Tekna Bose e-power.
Gun Metallic. Previous J11 Tekna 1.5 Diesel.