How to set just air flow, without heating or cooling

Forum for the Nissan Qashqai e-Power
RaNo
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by RaNo »

If I need just fresh air to enter from the outside, no heating nor cooling. How do I set that in Tekna?

alexanderkrik

Post by alexanderkrik »

Turn the temp all the way to Lo and have the AC off. It will pull whatever is outside and bring it in raising the temperature slightly depending the temp in the engine compartment
Qashqai J12 e-Power, Tekna Bose, Pearlescent White
RaNo

Post by RaNo »

Thanks, alexanderkrik.

When I turn the temp all the way to Lo, it automatically sets fan to the maximum and turns on the AC. So what you're saying is that I need to throttle these down?

Also, what do you mean by raising the temp in the engine compartment? Does the air travel a lot near hot elements there so that it gets heated up?
alexanderkrik

Post by alexanderkrik »

RaNo wrote: Mon Mar 18, 2024 8:30 pm Thanks, alexanderkrik.

When I turn the temp all the way to Lo, it automatically sets fan to the maximum and turns on the AC. So what you're saying is that I need to throttle these down?

Also, what do you mean by raising the temp in the engine compartment? Does the air travel a lot near hot elements there so that it gets heated up?
Yes, After setting to Lo turn off the ac and change the fan speed to your liking.

All cars get their air from the engine compartment, that means it isn't as cool as the air coming in from an open window for example
alexcrist
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by alexcrist »

That's not quite true.

Air intake for the interior is directly outside, at the bottom of the windshield, and air is taken directly through the dashboard and inside the cabin. It has nothing to do with the engine compartment, other than relative proximity.

Some cars have this air intake directly visible outside, some have it a bit hidden at the top end of the hood. Qashqai has it hidden, lift the hood and you'll see it. But it's isolated from the engine compartment by rubber seals, air is still outside air.

Taking air from anywhere near the engine would actually be hazardous.
alexanderkrik

Post by alexanderkrik »

alexcrist wrote: Tue Mar 19, 2024 2:31 pm That's not quite true.

Air intake for the interior is directly outside, at the bottom of the windshield, and air is taken directly through the dashboard and inside the cabin. It has nothing to do with the engine compartment, other than relative proximity.

Some cars have this air intake directly visible outside, some have it a bit hidden at the top end of the hood. Qashqai has it hidden, lift the hood and you'll see it. But it's isolated from the engine compartment by rubber seals, air is still outside air.

Taking air from anywhere near the engine would actually be hazardous.
You are correct, it is under the hood near the wind screen. And technically that is still engine compartment, even though its isolated from the rest of the engine. This though doesn't change the fact that its slightly warmer than direct air flow from an open window
alexcrist
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by alexcrist »

Actually, it changes that as well. :) The air has no time to heat up, and has no source of heat, it's outside air. Literally.

However, being an automatic AC unit, if outside air is too cold, it probably heats it up a bit even on the lowest setting. That's why it may feel warmer. Were it a manual unit, where you can directly control the radiator flow, you'd feel the exact same temperature as outside air. And the intake is identical.