Parking Sensor Warning

General / Ordering Forum for the new 2021 (J12) Qashqai
Woody11
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by Woody11 »

I received my new Qashqai in March and shortly after I had a Witter tow bar fitted to enable me to mount a Thule ride on Cycle carrier. On my first cycle trip, I received a warning on the dash " parking Sensor Fault, consult owners handbook" when coming to a halt at junctions or traffic lights and only whilst carrying a cycle carrier with bike mounted and would only appear for a few seconds.

I returned to the firm who fitted the tow bar and was informed that the wiring fitted was univeral only and that I should upgrade to a vehicle specific kit. This was done but the same warning kept appearing. I asked my local Nissan dealer to investigate with Nissan Technical. At their request, I sent a photo of the control box to which they replied " we are convinced that the control module is NOT a nissan system, and ultimately we believe this is causing the issues." Surprisingly, I was able to tow a small trailer for a few miles without any warnings appearing.

I would be interested if anyone has had similiar experience of this. Thanks

ophidian
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by ophidian »

even with original kit you have to disable three items when you use trailer. I spent a bit more to get original kit, but i am disappointed with that. I thought that original kit will use CAN communication to do that automatically.
April '22 - J12 1.3DIG-T 160 CVT Tekna+ with all wheel drive - Blue/Black