Difference between My21.5 and My22

General / Ordering Forum for the new 2021 (J12) Qashqai
ST09
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by ST09 »

Halcyon wrote: Thu Jun 16, 2022 2:48 pm Ha...an honour lol.
Cant pretend to be an expert on this model by any means but if anyone has any specific questions regarding the car, I'll do my best to find the answers.
Bearing in mind I searched for half an hour to find a means of turning on the passenger airbag before RTFM and finding out its automatic depending on occupant.
I do miss the BOSE system that my other QQ's and X Trails had though.
Congrats for your new car.

Some pics please.

Salman

smeghead
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by smeghead »

Picked up my Tekna today (ordered back in April) and it's the My22. So it seems they are starting to appear.
Last edited by smeghead on Tue Jun 21, 2022 10:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

Welcome to this forum.

I see you have the new logo on the grille. Please can you confirm you have the larger infotainment screen.
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
ST09
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by ST09 »

gloucester wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 6:16 am Welcome to this forum.

I see you have the new logo on the grille. Please can you confirm you have the larger infotainment screen.
Yeah it seems like they got larger screen by looking at the first pic.

The corners are flat and the shape looks more rectangular.
smeghead

Post by smeghead »

Correct. The larger infotainment screen (single rotary dial bottom centre rather than two dials, one each side). Also the new keyfob.
smeghead

Post by smeghead »

New logo in the centre of the wheels, on the boot, and on the boot-up screen of the infotainment system too.
Jonnywells

Post by Jonnywells »

smeghead wrote: Tue Jun 21, 2022 9:46 pm New logo in the centre of the wheels, on the boot, and on the boot-up screen of the infotainment system too.
If using android auto/car play for navigation do the directions and/or maps show up on the driver display/HUD as well?
QaiFan

Post by QaiFan »

jonnywhells that would be an incredible enhancement, but I seriously doubt the 12.3 inch infotainment system would be upgraded this way since it would mean a completely new Android Auto API interface that AFAIK is not yet available
to the car manufacturers.
Apple with Carplay has announced it will be possible in the near future, just like Google with the new Android Auto system, question is when Nissan, if ever, will implement these new features (to HUD as well as Digital Dashboard!).
Moreover I don't think even Wireless Android Auto is implemented for the new 12.3 infotainment system, so I have my sincere doubts about everything else !???
:?:
Jonnywells

Post by Jonnywells »

QaiFan wrote: Thu Jun 30, 2022 11:55 am jonnywhells that would be an incredible enhancement, but I seriously doubt the 12.3 inch infotainment system would be upgraded this way since it would mean a completely new Android Auto API interface that AFAIK is not yet available
to the car manufacturers.
Apple with Carplay has announced it will be possible in the near future, just like Google with the new Android Auto system, question is when Nissan, if ever, will implement these new features (to HUD as well as Digital Dashboard!).
Moreover I don't think even Wireless Android Auto is implemented for the new 12.3 infotainment system, so I have my sincere doubts about everything else !???
:?:
A few cars Audi & BMW defiantly can and do take the android auto/carplay and display on there HUD so already API's ready backed into being able to do it.

Will have to try and find one local to me with the new system and have a play.
QaiFan

Post by QaiFan »

johnnywells, that is a great idea !
Indeed it is done, but I don't know whether this is not simply 100% mirroring the infotainment screen layout to the Digital dashboards !?
Is the HUD also used for Maps and Waze (but Spotify in Android Auto is already -partly- possible both in HUB and dashboard in a J12 QQ Gen 1) ?