New 12.3" Infotainment display from N-Connecta

General / Ordering Forum for the new 2021 (J12) Qashqai
Graviton
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by Graviton »

OK, showing my ignorance on VINs.
The 10th digit given is U
According to google this should be model year - but U is not used - and 2022 is N.
So WTF ?

gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

Welcome to this forum

Absolutely no way of telling.
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

... and I don't think anyone on here has reported getting the larger display yet. Good Luck!
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
Graviton

Post by Graviton »

Uh-oh. Thanks.
Think I could still maybe cancel. Anyone know if it can be retrofitted yet.
I think it is really bad of Nissan - people buy a new model, and instantly now in the used market buyers will deprecate the launch year models for having the old screen.
MikeGC

Post by MikeGC »

Graviton wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 10:54 am Uh-oh. Thanks.
Think I could still maybe cancel. Anyone know if it can be retrofitted yet.
I think it is really bad of Nissan - people buy a new model, and instantly now in the used market buyers will deprecate the launch year models for having the old screen.
Nissan (and probably others) seem to make every effort to ensure that you can not upgrade.
Massive difficulties reported on swapping Connect units and even steering wheels.
I must repeat that the introduction of the CarPlay enabled Connect system was a similar shambles some late 2018 got it some early 2019 didn’t (sorry if my dates aren’t spot on but this is how I remember it)
The car will not be out of date, in my opinion. The screen is perfectly adequate.
March '22 - J12 1.3DIG-T 160 CVT Tekna+ with all wheel drive - Pearl Black
July '19 - J11B 1.3DIG-T 160 DCT Tekna - Vivid Blue
March '17 - Qashqai J11A 1.5dci n-connecta - gunmetal
September '14 - Juke 1.5dci gunmetal ascenta premium (red accent packs)
Graviton

Post by Graviton »

Thanks MikeGC.
I tend to keep my cars a long time (TDCi Focus for 14 Years!). So the thought of being behind at the outset is annoying. One might imagine they wouldn’t be changing the wiring loom etc but you never know I suppose. I like playing with some tech and fear only those with the new screen will be getting updates like carplay pro etc.
Either I reject the car, or go ahead and then consider selling/exchanging in a year or so I suppose. I quite fancied the idea of the e-power but it was not available and still no pricing (it may be unaffordable for me), and I wouldn’t buy without test drive(s).
I might be able to sell in a few months for near purchase price perhaps - but the dealers seem to have more Qashqai’s now, and once people know there is a new screen many are going to prefer that and pay less for the ‘new model - old screen’.

Is there info somewhere on what is happening to the list prices given current inflation ?
I guess I ordered against late 2021 prices - do they put list prices up every April ?
Lozza90

Post by Lozza90 »

Has anyone received the new 12.3 infotainment system yet? We have an N-connecta arriving in July and would be interested if anyone could post a pic of what theirs looks like please?
QaiFan

Post by QaiFan »

@graviton : " ... I like playing with some tech and fear only those with the new screen will be getting updates like carplay pro etc. ..."
Exactly my thoughts and ... fears !
IMHO In this day and age it is not the best idea to actually buy a new car.
Some kind of Lease formula seems to way to go from now on.
Swapping the car to the new My22 or even e-power would mean we have exactly the same problem one or two years down the road.
I, personally, do not know what is best (talking about electronics systems, the other car parts may not be that much of a problem).
ST09
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by ST09 »

Its a shame most peeps on here once they've had their car delivered they dont bother posting again or until they run into a problem lol.

Me personally i like to be some what active which is the whole point of joining these forums.

But hey ho it is what it is lol.
ST09
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by ST09 »

QaiFan wrote: Wed Jun 22, 2022 7:43 am @graviton : " ... I like playing with some tech and fear only those with the new screen will be getting updates like carplay pro etc. ..."
Exactly my thoughts and ... fears !
IMHO In this day and age it is not the best idea to actually buy a new car.
Some kind of Lease formula seems to way to go from now on.
Swapping the car to the new My22 or even e-power would mean we have exactly the same problem one or two years down the road.
I, personally, do not know what is best (talking about electronics systems, the other car parts may not be that much of a problem).
We use to do that swapping cars every two years and then we decided to start a family.

Best decision ever.

Since then we decided to jump on Lease bandwagon and now swap every 3 years.

Now I just dont think about the new features or changes that come along in newer models.

p.s but i do change my iPhone every year and that helps me get over the above.