Qashqai Acenta J12 Sat Nav Query

General / Ordering Forum for the new 2021 (J12) Qashqai
gz35dv
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by gz35dv »

Hello all, I bought the new Qashqai Acenta (J12) last October 2021, but it did not come with Sat Nav as part of the NissanConnect service.
Does anyone know if I could add this feature at any point? Or am I stuck with no Sat Nav for the life of the vehicle?
BTW, I can connect my Android device via Bluetooth and use the ‘Maps’ etc. via that. But then I’m using data from my mobile plan. And I’d rather not.
It’s not a show stopper, just wondered if I could add the feature to the NissanConnect service?
Thanks.

MikeGC

Post by MikeGC »

Until someone comes across a suitable replacement head unit, I think you are stuck.

One consolation is that (I’m told) using Google Maps, etc. for navigation doesn’t seem to use a lot of data. If it’s possible for you to do, I’d check data used before and again after an hours journey (I know I can do this with Vodafone and their App.) .
I'm guessing that it’ll always be cheaper than buying a dedicated SatNav
March '22 - J12 1.3DIG-T 160 CVT Tekna+ with all wheel drive - Pearl Black
July '19 - J11B 1.3DIG-T 160 DCT Tekna - Vivid Blue
March '17 - Qashqai J11A 1.5dci n-connecta - gunmetal
September '14 - Juke 1.5dci gunmetal ascenta premium (red accent packs)
QaiFan

Post by QaiFan »

No worries ... I can assure you Maps/Waze is, IMHO, vastly superior to TomTom or any other built-in Nav system.
It is not -yet- intergrated into the digital dash, nor HUD, but that is the main drawback I can think of.
If radio reception is OK in your country then it is the best option, otherwise then indeed TomTom/Garmin head units etc. would still be interesting.
xaote

Post by xaote »

gz35dv wrote: Thu Mar 31, 2022 4:50 pm Hello all, I bought the new Qashqai Acenta (J12) last October 2021, but it did not come with Sat Nav as part of the NissanConnect service.
Does anyone know if I could add this feature at any point? Or am I stuck with no Sat Nav for the life of the vehicle?
BTW, I can connect my Android device via Bluetooth and use the ‘Maps’ etc. via that. But then I’m using data from my mobile plan. And I’d rather not.
It’s not a show stopper, just wondered if I could add the feature to the NissanConnect service?
Thanks.
Did u know that you can download 'offline maps' on Google maps?
So you still get voice directions and all the map features (apart from live traffic) but it uses up no data.

1. In the Google Maps app, search for the location maps you want to download. You’ll need to search for a larger area or city rather than a specific location.

2. If you tap the name of the location on the bottom of the screen, it will expand to take up the full screen and give you additional information.

3. In the top right corner, there is a button comprised of three dots, press them to bring up additional options.

4. From the pop-up menu, select Download offline map.

5. Choose what area to download. Google Maps will now show you the exact area of maps that will be downloaded. You can expand or decrease the area of maps being downloaded by zooming in or out. The app will tell you much more storage space is required.

6. The last step is pressing the download button. Your download will begin now, with a progress bar appearing on screen. In order to access your downloaded maps, just use the app as normal. When offline any downloaded maps will appear.
J12 Acenta Premium 158 Xtronic
QaiFan

Post by QaiFan »

Indeed a good solution xaote !

IMHO ... as long as Android Auto and/or Carplay can be used there is not really a need for now -almost obsolete- Navigation alternatvies.
gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

Welcome to this forum

I was going to suggest the offline route too.

It's useful if you're in other countries on holiday too.
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)