Handbrake and battery issues with new J12?

General / Ordering Forum for the new 2021 (J12) Qashqai
Markeh
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by Markeh »

Took delivery of a 158 Tekna manual the week before Christmas. Got into it in the middle of January to be greeted with battery management fault, visit dealer on the dash and no stopstart (presumably disabled as a precaution) at 1100 miles. Went into dealer start of this month, software update fixed it.

I'm now having an issue with the handbrake which started a week after I got the car back. The handbrake no longer disengages when I set off. In addition, if auto hold is on, and I am stopped in an uphill position, the vehicle will not allow me to set off - I have to disable auto hold first, which then triggers the hill hold system to activate, and this then allows me to pull away. It's left me in the middle of traffic unable to move on three separate occasions now and I've had to leave auto hold disabled in order to safely drive the car. It's back in the dealer on Wednesday. This is strike two, and it's giving me second thoughts about whether I want to keep the car, which is a shame, as when it's working it's ideal for what I need - bit concerning when my £400 12 year old Meriva is more reliable than this though!

I'm not alone in thinking this shouldn't be happening on a £30k 2 month old car with 2000 miles on the clock, surely? Anyone else seeing these issues with their J12s?
Current: 2021 Magnetic Blue J12 1.3 158 Tekna w/ Bose
Previous: 2018 Vivid Blue J11b 1.6 DIG-T 163 Tekna w/ glass roof, 2004 Renault Megane VVT Dynamique, 1999 Vauxhall Corsa 12v Envoy

calnorth
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by calnorth »

I suspect its the same system as my 2017 N-Connecta. Anyway a number of sensors are used to detect the state of the car before the Hand brake and/or Auto Hold operates. Such as:

Speed/Engine Revs
Clutch/Brake pedal state
Gear stick position
Incline
Some electrics/electronics

When it works its very good..some days when it doesn't its where you get stuck. Overall a normal old fashioned handbrake is enough. Complexity = Troubles
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
Markeh
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by Markeh »

We have an answer. Clutch switch apparently came unplugged. Must have multiple ways of detecting the clutch is down because it needs to be to start the car! Fortunately fixed same day by the dealer. Hoping this is the end of my problems!
Current: 2021 Magnetic Blue J12 1.3 158 Tekna w/ Bose
Previous: 2018 Vivid Blue J11b 1.6 DIG-T 163 Tekna w/ glass roof, 2004 Renault Megane VVT Dynamique, 1999 Vauxhall Corsa 12v Envoy