About to order new Tekna in UK.

General / Ordering Forum for the new 2021 (J12) Qashqai
IslandRover
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by IslandRover »

Hi all,

New to Nissan and new to this forum.

I borrowed a friends 2020 N-Connecta for a few weeks and this was fitted with the all-round camera view when parking and the semi-automatic park assist (where it controls the steering for you as you reverse). I was blown away and vowed to get myself one of these this year.

As luck would have it, Nissan have in the meantime revised the range to the all new 2022 Qashqai with digital display and lots of more whistles and bells.

I chatted to the sales guy and he assured me the semi-automatic park assist was still part of the equipment and I signed on the order form.

Now I am checking the brochure and cannot find this mentioned anywhere.

Does anyone know if the new Qashqai has this feature?

Thanks in advance.

hootintootin

Post by hootintootin »

I don't believe it does no....well not in UK. The salesman is wrong.

But the 360 cameras are a whole step up from previous generations I don't think you need it - I've had the auto parking thing and regarded it as a gimmic..... many car manufacturers have stopped supplying it now.... it is rarely used and requested I'm afraid so has been dropped for UK market but loads of other useful tech has been added.

More info here in this thread viewtopic.php?t=11283&hilit=park+assist&start=100
QQ Tekna AWD Xtronic ordered Aug 2021and arrived Dec 2021
daddydoug
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by daddydoug »

Hi

No, the J12 does not have the auto park system on UK models. To be honest it's a bit of a gimmick anyway. I owned a Qashqai (J11) for 6 years, and probably only used it a couple of times, just playing really. I found it was painful waiting for the car to park itself, and ended up taking over.

I now own a new Juke which doesn't have the auto park system, but has the 360 degree cameras. The 360 cameras make it a doddle to park, and I don't miss the auto park one bit.

Might be worth having a go at the salesman though!

Doug
Magnetic Red 2015 Qashqai Tekna 1.6 Dci130 Xtronic. Now replaced with a Nissan Juke Tekna plus in Gunmetal Grey (2021)
xaote

Post by xaote »

I've never driven a car with auto parallel park. Just out of interest, can it get into a space as tight as you would need to park yourself manually?
J12 Acenta Premium 158 Xtronic
daddydoug
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by daddydoug »

From personal experience, I would say "No," it can't park itself in a tight spot that you could park in manually. It detects a space as you drive slowly past, and then always seemed to take an age faffing around trying to fit in it! Some of the spaces were big enough for a Bus, but it still took forever. Much quicker to park the car manually, using the fantastic 360 cameras, and in tighter spaces, than the automatic parking would allow.

In the six years I owned my Qashqai I never scuffed an alloy, and my 6 month old Jukes alloys are also still pristine!
Magnetic Red 2015 Qashqai Tekna 1.6 Dci130 Xtronic. Now replaced with a Nissan Juke Tekna plus in Gunmetal Grey (2021)
xaote

Post by xaote »

daddydoug wrote: Fri Feb 18, 2022 10:16 am From personal experience, I would say "No," it can't park itself in a tight spot that you could park in manually. It detects a space as you drive slowly past, and then always seemed to take an age faffing around trying to fit in it! Some of the spaces were big enough for a Bus, but it still took forever. Much quicker to park the car manually, using the fantastic 360 cameras, and in tighter spaces, than the automatic parking would allow.

In the six years I owned my Qashqai I never scuffed an alloy, and my 6 month old Jukes alloys are also still pristine!
I had a feeling that might be the case. So it was just a gimmick that manufacturers have binned.

No scuff in 6 years? Impressive!
I'm not being sexist in any way but my wife treats alloys like bump stops
J12 Acenta Premium 158 Xtronic
hootintootin

Post by hootintootin »

Out driving some pretty ropey country roads in last few days and clipped kerb like lumps a couple of times....despite having 19" wheels...the alloys escaped damage. What a relief.
QQ Tekna AWD Xtronic ordered Aug 2021and arrived Dec 2021