Shoud I go ahead and buy the new model?

General / Ordering Forum for the new 2021 (J12) Qashqai
Deleted User 13592

Post by Deleted User 13592 »

Dear all,

I'm thinking seriously to buy the new QQ model. It would be either the Elite or Premium trim (1.3 DIG-T HYBRID with 1.3lt 140ps MT engine) , not yet decided as here in Greece they differ about 3K euros from each other.
However a colleague, who has technical background, said that I should avoid the QQ because previous models have many problems especially with their engines.

So, if you please, I would like to hear more from actual owners about this. Also some advice which trim (Elite or Premium) I should prefer would be much appreciated.

Thanks in advance,

Dimitris

hootintootin
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by hootintootin »

Welcome to the forum.

There are plenty of posts on the forum about the new QQ. I would say most of those are positive. My experience certainly is.

It is your money and your choice. Please read the posts on the forum here and judge for yourself.

The new QQ is totally different to the previous models and so much better.
QQ Tekna AWD Xtronic ordered Aug 2021and arrived Dec 2021
gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

Welcome to this forum.

You must be somewhere other than the UK since we don't have "Elite" and "Premium" trims here - and in any case even countries with the same model naming have different specs for those models - eg wheel size.

I'm taking a guess considering your name that you're in Greece - since they DO have the trims you mentioned:

greece.JPG

They would appear to relate to our Visia and Acenta ones. Interestingly too your "Techna" AKA "Tekna" seems to have the lovely grey trim as standard - it's optional here.

Here the vast majority of people who've had their cars so far have been N-Connecta and above. I'm not sure I've seen anyone reporting having an Acenta and certainly not the base spec Visia - which has been a very rare trim certainly since the J11 came along in 2014.

I would avoid the base model (Elite) since it loses out on many of the "goodies" that come even with the next grade up.

Nissan reliability is problematic since 2007 with the various grades all suffering their problems. The engines seem now much more settled, but there is some concern about Nissan reverting to CVT autos.
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)