Gtechniq Ceramic Coating

General / Ordering Forum for the new 2021 (J12) Qashqai
malvern_man
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by malvern_man »

EJT19 wrote: Fri Apr 08, 2022 12:22 pm Hi, it was £550 for it ceramic coating from new but I believe it’s more if it’s a used vehicle.

Still really enjoying when I have washed it, it just beads and whenever it rains nothing sticks to it at all.

Last week I tried something a little different, for me anyway, my car wasn't overly dirty and I couldn't be bothered to get out my pressure washer, buckets, snow foam cannon etc, etc.

So...I tried a completely non contact wash using a Marolex pump sprayer, a Marolex foamer and a hose with a hozelock gun.

• 150ml of Gyeon apc to 1850ml of water in my pump sprayer, then sprayed all over the car.

• 100ml of Gyeon foam to 1900ml of water in my pump foamer (I foamed over the top of the apc) I thought it came out a little to thick so if I use this method again I'll only put in 80ml of Gyeon foam.

After letting it all dwell for a few minutes I rinsed the car down using the hose and gun and then applied a couple of spritzes of Gyeon WetCoat to each panel and rinsed off as I went along.

The car is also Gyeon ceramic coated so I sheeted the panels with an open hose, it was virtually dry after doing that, I then finished off drying it with my BigBoi blower.

It's not perfect but it's a lot cleaner than before I washed it.

I took my car back to Staffordshire Car Care today for its ceramic coating check, they wanted to take a look at the car after it had been washed 3 times to make sure everything was ok and to make sure I was washing it correctly. Everything was ok and I've now got my 'Passed coating check' certificate which also forms part of the warranty.

They washed the car as part of the coating check and they also applied Gyeon Ceramic detailer all over too, it looked amazing when I picked it up.
2020 (70 Plate) 1.3 DiG-T 140 ~ 6 Speed Manual ~ Tekna+ in Pearl Black.
2022 (22 Plate) BMW X5 40i xDrive M Sport in Phytonic Blue.