Gtechniq Ceramic Coating

General / Ordering Forum for the new 2021 (J12) Qashqai
EJT19
Posts: 54
Joined: Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:55 pm
Location: Wakefield
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by EJT19 » Thu Dec 09, 2021 9:44 am

Hi guys, I thought I’d do a new post for anyone that maybe interested or questioning if they should have their new car ceramic coated.

I picked up my car Sunday 30th November and it went on on Monday 6th December for Grechniq ceramic coating and EXOv4.

The guy said it was the best conditioned new car he’d had in his bay and usually finds minor paint faults and swirls. However, he only found a couple of swirls on the black trim that meets the glass under the spoiler.

The car looks insane! The weather here is bad and I’ve driven around and the dirt just doesn’t stick to any part of the car, the rain just beads and slides off.

I’ve attached a few pictures for you too check out if interested :)


The guy who did it is based in Ossett, Wakefield and his business is Obsessive Detail. He’s on Instagram and has a website which you can read what he applies etc

I used him to clean my old car when he first started out 7 years ago now and he’s now accredited in Ceramic Coating. Lovely lad, go check out his Instagram page as he posts all of his work which is good as I like businesses who are transparent!

42AC7E51-FBE7-4BF8-B199-4775E4A15DAC.png

0F4498C4-07DD-4AD6-AE93-8AB8538FC4D6.jpeg

8188F155-BADD-48C6-BBCC-8E2364863225.jpeg

F0160F7C-C9DE-4DE0-9667-8FCB32819167.jpeg

157C2C37-26F3-463A-8471-C99B2F67FF31.jpeg

5FCA9FB8-CC21-4C61-80BA-6A7CD43683EE.jpeg

848B536F-5C18-4E60-B4AF-F007332CB4CB.jpeg

471B701C-67BF-4826-8B99-F4C39241E99D.jpeg

C48FFFBA-EE72-495D-8FE2-4686090FC6D3.png

6D8B997E-FAFE-4945-A1C7-7AE21BBD25C5.png


malvern_man
Posts: 139
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:08 pm
Location: Derbyshire.
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by malvern_man » Thu Dec 09, 2021 10:38 am

EJT19 wrote:
Thu Dec 09, 2021 9:44 am
Hi guys, I thought I’d do a new post for anyone that maybe interested or questioning if they should have their new car ceramic coated.

I picked up my car Sunday 30th November and it went on on Monday 6th December for Grechniq ceramic coating and EXOv4.

The guy said it was the best conditioned new car he’d had in his bay and usually finds minor paint faults and swirls. However, he only found a couple of swirls on the black trim that meets the glass under the spoiler.

The car looks insane! The weather here is bad and I’ve driven around and the dirt just doesn’t stick to any part of the car, the rain just beads and slides off.

I’ve attached a few pictures for you too check out if interested :)


The guy who did it is based in Ossett, Wakefield and his business is Obsessive Detail. He’s on Instagram and has a website which you can read what he applies etc

I used him to clean my old car when he first started out 7 years ago now and he’s now accredited in Ceramic Coating. Lovely lad, go check out his Instagram page as he posts all of his work which is good as I like businesses who are transparent!

Your car looks great now, I think having a car ceramic coated is worth every penny. Did the Gtechniq guy who did it say how long it should last as I know Gyeon do a 2, 3 or 5 year coating (I had the 3 year one on my QQ)
2020 (70 Plate) 1.3 DiG-T 140 ~ 6 Speed Manual ~ Tekna+ in Pearl Black.

EJT19
Posts: 54
Joined: Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:55 pm
Location: Wakefield
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by EJT19 » Thu Dec 09, 2021 10:43 am

Thank you!

He said if it’s maintained it should last between 4-5 years.

He will be maintaining it once a month so hopefully get the 5 years out of it. However, it will be traded in, in year 3. At least the next owner will also be able to make use of it though :)

I mainly had it done as my previous qashqai’s paintwork all started to flake so I didn’t want it happening again. Even though I really looked after it, the slightest chip on the bonnet would end up becoming quite large from it peeling away right back to the primer :(

JAM53E
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2022 4:11 pm
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by JAM53E » Tue Mar 29, 2022 4:19 pm

EJT19 wrote:
Thu Dec 09, 2021 10:43 am
Thank you!

He said if it’s maintained it should last between 4-5 years.

He will be maintaining it once a month so hopefully get the 5 years out of it. However, it will be traded in, in year 3. At least the next owner will also be able to make use of it though :)

I mainly had it done as my previous qashqai’s paintwork all started to flake so I didn’t want it happening again. Even though I really looked after it, the slightest chip on the bonnet would end up becoming quite large from it peeling away right back to the primer :(
Looks sweet mate, I've ordered a Tekna in that color without floating roof, will definitely be ceramic coating it. I have looked at Xpel and Suntek for paint protection film as I was in that trade however they don't do templates for the Qashqui probably because most people that buy them just want them to cart their families around and don't care for paint protection in the slightest lol.

malvern_man
Posts: 139
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:08 pm
Location: Derbyshire.
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by malvern_man » Tue Mar 29, 2022 9:26 pm

JAM53E wrote:
Tue Mar 29, 2022 4:19 pm
EJT19 wrote:
Thu Dec 09, 2021 10:43 am
Thank you!

He said if it’s maintained it should last between 4-5 years.

He will be maintaining it once a month so hopefully get the 5 years out of it. However, it will be traded in, in year 3. At least the next owner will also be able to make use of it though :)

I mainly had it done as my previous qashqai’s paintwork all started to flake so I didn’t want it happening again. Even though I really looked after it, the slightest chip on the bonnet would end up becoming quite large from it peeling away right back to the primer :(
Looks sweet mate, I've ordered a Tekna in that color without floating roof, will definitely be ceramic coating it. I have looked at Xpel and Suntek for paint protection film as I was in that trade however they don't do templates for the Qashqui probably because most people that buy them just want them to cart their families around and don't care for paint protection in the slightest lol.

Have you looked at Gyeon PPF, one of the best around imo, I'll be getting my BMW X5 M Sport PPF'd and ceramic coated when I eventually get it (ordered it in October last year)
2020 (70 Plate) 1.3 DiG-T 140 ~ 6 Speed Manual ~ Tekna+ in Pearl Black.

xavpiq
Posts: 45
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2021 1:50 pm
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by xavpiq » Wed Mar 30, 2022 7:31 am

How much did you pay?
Qashqai J12 N-Connecta, 140 hp manual.

JAM53E
Posts: 5
Joined: Tue Mar 29, 2022 4:11 pm
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by JAM53E » Wed Mar 30, 2022 8:35 am

malvern_man wrote:
Tue Mar 29, 2022 9:26 pm
JAM53E wrote:
Tue Mar 29, 2022 4:19 pm
EJT19 wrote:
Thu Dec 09, 2021 10:43 am
Thank you!

He said if it’s maintained it should last between 4-5 years.

He will be maintaining it once a month so hopefully get the 5 years out of it. However, it will be traded in, in year 3. At least the next owner will also be able to make use of it though :)

I mainly had it done as my previous qashqai’s paintwork all started to flake so I didn’t want it happening again. Even though I really looked after it, the slightest chip on the bonnet would end up becoming quite large from it peeling away right back to the primer :(
Looks sweet mate, I've ordered a Tekna in that color without floating roof, will definitely be ceramic coating it. I have looked at Xpel and Suntek for paint protection film as I was in that trade however they don't do templates for the Qashqui probably because most people that buy them just want them to cart their families around and don't care for paint protection in the slightest lol.

Have you looked at Gyeon PPF, one of the best around imo, I'll be getting my BMW X5 M Sport PPF'd and ceramic coated when I eventually get it (ordered it in October last year)
Didn't know Gyeon did PPF...no dealers round my area deal with that brand of PPF only ceramic coating side. Tends to be Xpel and Premier shield/Suntek. I've personally fitted both Xpel and Suntek and rate the Suntek Reaction film better than Xpel currently for clarity and the ceramic coating benefits.

malvern_man
Posts: 139
Joined: Tue Sep 01, 2020 2:08 pm
Location: Derbyshire.
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by malvern_man » Wed Mar 30, 2022 9:24 pm

xavpiq wrote:
Wed Mar 30, 2022 7:31 am
How much did you pay?

Who is your question directed at?
2020 (70 Plate) 1.3 DiG-T 140 ~ 6 Speed Manual ~ Tekna+ in Pearl Black.

xavpiq
Posts: 45
Joined: Mon Nov 08, 2021 1:50 pm
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by xavpiq » Thu Mar 31, 2022 7:25 am

malvern_man wrote:
Wed Mar 30, 2022 9:24 pm
xavpiq wrote:
Wed Mar 30, 2022 7:31 am
How much did you pay?

Who is your question directed at?
The one who opened the post... apologize if I was too cheeky
Qashqai J12 N-Connecta, 140 hp manual.

EJT19
Posts: 54
Joined: Sun Nov 21, 2021 7:55 pm
Location: Wakefield
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by EJT19 » Fri Apr 08, 2022 12:22 pm

Hi, it was £550 for it ceramic coating from new but I believe it’s more if it’s a used vehicle.

Thanks :)

Still really enjoying when I have washed it, it just beads and whenever it rains nothing sticks to it at all.

Post Reply

  • You may also be interested in...
    Replies
    Views
    Last post