What would make you cancel your J12 order.

General / Ordering Forum for the new 2021 (J12) Qashqai
Exskoda
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by Exskoda »

I was reading on a jaguar ipace forum that a few of the items that were included in some of the trim levels have being dropped things like 360 camera and HUD. What would make you cancel your order if it was dropped from spec? For me it would be pro pilot.
Before Skoda Karoq SEL, virtual dash, heated screen.

Now: J12 Nissan Qashqai
1.3 DiG-T MH 158 Xtronic Tekna, Automatic, Petrol arrived 23/12/21

Stevie G

Post by Stevie G »

Why listen what’s said on another manufacturers forum? Nothing has been dropped yet.
Exskoda

Post by Exskoda »

Stevie G wrote: Sat Oct 16, 2021 2:21 pm Why listen what’s said on another manufacturers forum? Nothing has been dropped yet.
'Nothing has being dropped'....from my dealer...

Nissan have stopped the option to order the heat pack (heated seats, heated windscreen and heated steering heel) on lower spec cars and the Glass Roof option has also been taken away.

QaiFan

Post by QaiFan »

Little or nothing. If nissan changes the order, I consider it... canceled by the dealership. However it also depends if it is even possible to get a refund when money was already paid???
MikeGC

Post by MikeGC »

It would take something very serious changing for me to cancel - I can’t think of anything off hand that would be serious enough
March '22 - J12 1.3DIG-T 160 CVT Tekna+ with all wheel drive - Pearl Black
July '19 - J11B 1.3DIG-T 160 DCT Tekna - Vivid Blue
March '17 - Qashqai J11A 1.5dci n-connecta - gunmetal
September '14 - Juke 1.5dci gunmetal ascenta premium (red accent packs)
QaiFan

Post by QaiFan »

Propilot exskoda... That is the first feature I, personally, would deactivate as soon as I start the engine. Imho drive assist features are simply dangerous on the busy and irregular roads in my country. There are all sorts of lines on these roads, how can any car possibly decide which are those to stick to!??? Maybe I am wrong, but if what I have in mind can be guessed right by any car then the (AI) singularly has already happened and Elon Musk may rejoice and we should not be afraid of it :-) I can't image any AI car driving here for say, 100 miles without killing people and its drivers!
Exskoda

Post by Exskoda »

QaiFan wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 9:15 am Propilot exskoda... That is the first feature I, personally, would deactivate as soon as I start the engine. Imho drive assist features are simply dangerous on the busy and irregular roads in my country. There are all sorts of lines on these roads, how can any car possibly decide which are those to stick to!??? Maybe I am wrong, but if what I have in mind can be guessed right by any car then the (AI) singularly has already happened and Elon Musk may rejoice and we should not be afraid of it :-) I can't image any AI car driving here for say, 100 miles without killing people and its drivers!

TBH that's the way the car world is going I am afraid. As for stats:

According to the Department of Transportation (DOT) and the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA), almost 94% of accidents on US roads occur due to human error, so self-driving vehicles could drastically reduce the number of crashes and fatalities that occur on the roads today.

QaiFan

Post by QaiFan »

Exskoda, I don't doubt those claims, but testing automotive features is done under controlled circumstances. I have read a study that showed that rain a. o. caused those car assist systems to be unreliable, can you imagine what snow and icy conditions might do!???
Sandgrounder

Post by Sandgrounder »

The Drive Assist feature on my manual transmission QQ is quite good, to be honest - a step-up from the cruise control I’ve had previously.

I had to turn off the Steering Assist feature as that was too fussy and seemed to be constantly making minor adjustments when driving on a dual-carriageway, for example.
Now: 1.3 Tekna DIG-T 158 MHEV J12 ~ LED Front Fog Lights ~ Ceramic Grey with Pearl Black Roof/Grey Interior
Before: 1.2 N-Connecta DIG-T 115 J11B ~ Heat Pack ~ LED Pack ~ Vivid Blue (Sep 17-Oct 21)
Previously: 1.2 N-Tec DIG-T 115 J11A ~ Blade Silver (Nov 14-Sep 17)
Exskoda

Post by Exskoda »

QaiFan wrote: Sun Oct 17, 2021 12:03 pm Exskoda, I don't doubt those claims, but testing automotive features is done under controlled circumstances. I have read a study that showed that rain a. o. caused those car assist systems to be unreliable, can you imagine what snow and icy conditions might do!???
On my Skoda it will not allow you to use them if it can't read the road. So cars with no human input won't be in next 5 years as you say weather effects them currently.