Expected delivery and subsequent delays

General / Ordering Forum for the new 2021 (J12) Qashqai
tjc106
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by tjc106 »

hi guys, been watching this forum for about 4 months now but had nothing really to add....until about 30mins ago! just got a call from my dealership to say my new qashqai will be delivered this afternoon and i'm due to pick it up thursday morning at 10:30am. its a magnetic blue premier edition with the ordered spec. i.e. digital dash, 9" infotainment screen, head up display etc, ordered 30-08-21 and delivery was expected 10-12-21 but just got a bit delayed. a bit of good news to help the post christmas blues. dealer said lots of new cars beginning to arrive so maybe this will give a bit of hope to those still waiting. btw i'm in n.ireland. good luck to all and hope you get your orders really soon.

currently magnetic red nov 2017 n-connecta.

gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

Welcome to this forum
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
Exskoda
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by Exskoda »

My dealer quoted 6 to 9 months if I ordered now.
Before Skoda Karoq SEL, virtual dash, heated screen.

Now: J12 Nissan Qashqai
1.3 DiG-T MH 158 Xtronic Tekna, Automatic, Petrol arrived 23/12/21
xenon102

Post by xenon102 »

Hi everyone,

I’ve currently got a J11 2019 N-Connecta QQ and have just upgraded to a J12 2021 N-Connecta. One of the main reasons I did so rather than opt for Tekna other than the price is that it comes with the 12.3” digital dash and pan roof. (For anyone wondering how it got it so quickly, I lease and this was a new but already 71 registered car on special)

Due to get it in Feb, and whilst doing research on here and online became very concerned that the digital dash seems to have been removed from new N-Connecta orders and this is reflected on the Nissan website and QQ brochure.

Just goes to show how awesome this forum is because it was on here that I discovered there had been a spec change in autumn 21 at some point (probably related to the semi-conductor shortage) that put the 12.3 digital dash on the Tekna only! Numerous YouTube vids show the digital dash on already delivered N-Connecta models but I believe this has changed. Only this forum had the answer so just wanted to say thanks!

Still don’t know if I’m getting the wireless charger or not, I’ll let you know when it arrives!
Current: 2021 ‘71 Plate | J12 N-Connecta | 1.3 DiG-T MH 140 PS | Pan Roof
Previous 2019 '69 Plate | J11b N-Connecta | 1.3 DiG-T 140 PS | Glass Roof Pack
steviebee86
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by steviebee86 »

Interesting read on customer experiences and not far off what i expected when i came looking.

All a bit unknown, but we were offered an upgrade on our 2019 QQ, two years into a 4 year PCP. For less money, weird huh.
Opted for the new 2021 QQ Premiere Edition and was told first week of December, despite the initial call making it sound like it was more a ready to go kind of deal. This was 12th September 2021.

So far I have heard from them twice, first call was on 1st December to move date to mid-December, then second call was on 23rd December to say it was now 14th January. Less than a week away, so I called yesterday to discuss some details around my private number plate and V5, obviously took opportunity to check if there was any update on delivery and quite simply they did not appear to have a clue. Yes the date still showed 14th Jan, but did not sound very convincing.

No real rush, just wish for more clarity even from the beginning.
Albl14

Post by Albl14 »

steviebee86 wrote: Sat Jan 08, 2022 10:36 am Interesting read on customer experiences and not far off what i expected when i came looking.

All a bit unknown, but we were offered an upgrade on our 2019 QQ, two years into a 4 year PCP. For less money, weird huh.
Opted for the new 2021 QQ Premiere Edition and was told first week of December, despite the initial call making it sound like it was more a ready to go kind of deal. This was 12th September 2021.

So far I have heard from them twice, first call was on 1st December to move date to mid-December, then second call was on 23rd December to say it was now 14th January. Less than a week away, so I called yesterday to discuss some details around my private number plate and V5, obviously took opportunity to check if there was any update on delivery and quite simply they did not appear to have a clue. Yes the date still showed 14th Jan, but did not sound very convincing.

No real rush, just wish for more clarity even from the beginning.

I agree more clarity is needed, we ordered our Tekna in august and got told December. That then moved to February, then March. At the end of November we got told it would be in on 17th December, so rushed to get the private plate taken off the car and the V5 ready. Didn’t hear anything so called on the 15th and they said the car would be in W/C 20th December. Again I didn’t hear anything so called on the 22nd and was told it was built but no delivery date. Spoke to them about car mats, invariance etc on 29th and they said it was in transit and would be here any day. Had finance docs sent through on Tuesday and we’re still waiting on a delivery date as they have no clue when it’s going to arrive. It’s frustrating as we still are no closer to actually getting any answers or a date. All they can tell me is the cars been ready for a month but they don’t know when they’ll get it in.
Westerhope 113

Post by Westerhope 113 »

I ordered a Tekna Bose 27th Dec. Dealer said it’s on back order but they expect delivery May/June.

Ordering one today it’s now July delivery. The dealer said their order books are filling up. The new Qashqai is in very high demand!
cigeo
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by cigeo »

Want to share my experience . I am not living in the UK but in another country.
Not going to be more in details with names . I ordered in the beginning of September of 2021 the new car in TEKNA version in white and black roof.
I got call today from the dealer that the car fell off from the truck while it was coming from UK and got totaled.

Now they offer me my deposit back or place a new order which is 3000 euros extra and delivery in the end of this summer , so one year after I ordered my new car.
I have contacted a lawyer to see how we can push them but I am very disappointed with the whole thing because the transportation company is private and not NISSAN EUROPE.
Ordered Tekna mid Sept , hope for end of May.
QaiFan

Post by QaiFan »

"fell off from the truck" ... " new order which is 3000 euros"
Might be too obvious ... to be true.
Would sound (to me) like a joke it it was not true.
Hope you get your deposit back ... IMHO that may be the (only) choice in this case (?).
I didn't even have to pay a dime, no deposit at all, and this was even suggested by the dealership just in case I
had to wait too long.
But that is exactly why I waited for nearly 10 month to get mine ... fair is fair, they trusted me, I trusted them.
But this, IMHO, this seems ... well ... !?
Oh my !
Steve101
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Steve101 »

cigeo wrote: Wed Jan 12, 2022 3:02 pm Want to share my experience . I am not living in the UK but in another country.
Not going to be more in details with names . I ordered in the beginning of September of 2021 the new car in TEKNA version in white and black roof.
I got call today from the dealer that the car fell off from the truck while it was coming from UK and got totaled.

Now they offer me my deposit back or place a new order which is 3000 euros extra and delivery in the end of this summer , so one year after I ordered my new car.
I have contacted a lawyer to see how we can push them but I am very disappointed with the whole thing because the transportation company is private and not NISSAN EUROPE.
I’m in the UK, I ordered my Tekna in mid September. Mine is not due for delivery until March. So if you ordered in September I doubt very much that you would be getting yours ahead of me. Sounds like a pack of lies. In your position I would tell the dealer that you will be taking it up directly with Nissan and specifically getting them to confirm that your car was out for delivery. My guess is that the dealer is telling you a pack of lies. My guess is that they have identified another customer for your car who is prepared to pay more than you. I would also tell the dealer that once you establish the facts with Nissan you will be sharing your experience of placing your order with the dealer on social media. If they are telling you likes they will be shxxxxxxx themselves. Don’t let them get away with it. Good luck.

Steve
Tekna J12, magnetic blue, black roof.