Expected delivery and subsequent delays

General / Ordering Forum for the new 2021 (J12) Qashqai
sbrace06
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by sbrace06 »

Dealer told me that any orders placed prior to the decision to remove glass roof and digital speedo would be honoured with those items. Maybe not true then.

EJT19

Post by EJT19 »

No idea but mine was due delivery December 24th and he definitely said it would arrive without the digital dash. He also mentioned that tech pack and panoramic roof is no longer an option for them as they simply just can’t get the parts for them so wether they’ll revert back to them once they do then who knows. But.. I told him to cancel my order if it doesn’t have digital dash and so it has been cancelled and I was sourced one of the last ones available with the digital dash instead and it was transported to them last week. I think if I hadn’t have been looking at the car he’d have made no efforts to call me and tell me it will arrive without it tbh and it was just pure coincidence I needed to go back to the garage for my old car that I was looking around it as I haven’t even test drove it or seen it in person before placing the order.
Exskoda

Post by Exskoda »

sbrace06 wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:36 pm Dealer told me that any orders placed prior to the decision to remove glass roof and digital speedo would be honoured with those items. Maybe not true then.
I also have email proof of this as well what the specification you ordered at the time would be what you get. I haven't heard of any changes to Tekna trim anyway. So looks like they are kitting the top two trims and cutting back on lower ones.
Before Skoda Karoq SEL, virtual dash, heated screen.

Now: J12 Nissan Qashqai
1.3 DiG-T MH 158 Xtronic Tekna, Automatic, Petrol arrived 23/12/21
QaiFan

Post by QaiFan »

If I look at the Nissan websites there is still no mention of ommissions for the Tekna(+) trims, every option is still listed.
But it would not suprise me if indeed cars would be delivered with missing/different options/parts.
It happened before this pandemic too and all car makers did it ... they call(ed) it 'errors that happened on ordering, follow-up, manufacturing ...' , but if we order a new model (like this J12) I believe everything could (probably even will ?) happen !
EJT19

Post by EJT19 »

Yes, he said the tekna models will still have them but anything below that spec won’t so I can only assume they would prefer to ensure the higher specs would still be able to get them :)
Sophs50522

Post by Sophs50522 »

EJT19 wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:36 pm Yes, he said the tekna models will still have them but anything below that spec won’t so I can only assume they would prefer to ensure the higher specs would still be able to get them :)
I hope this isn't true! :( The nissan guy from the motabilty department confirmed that my car will come with a digital dash as it was pre ordered before they announced the changes due to shortages and that any car ordered after that won't get that spec.
I'll be pretty annoyed if it comes without it after waiting that long for the car! I'm half tempted to ring them again.
Sophs50522

Post by Sophs50522 »

Ok so I got in touch with Nissan again and the Guy confirmed that it will come with digital dash and pan roof and that he will send me out an email for reassurance.
He did mention that Nissan were given a date for spec changes for the n-connecta and that any cars ordered after that date will come without digital dash and pan roof.
Not entirely sure what that date is but my car was ordered 17th September if that helps anyone .

Hope you all get your cars soon!
I am seeing more about now around sunny Wales! :)
Exskoda

Post by Exskoda »

Sophs50522 wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:20 pm Ok so I got in touch with Nissan again and the Guy confirmed that it will come with digital dash and pan roof and that he will send me out an email for reassurance.
He did mention that Nissan were given a date for spec changes for the n-connecta and that any cars ordered after that date will come without digital dash and pan roof.
Not entirely sure what that date is but my car was ordered 17th September if that helps anyone .

I think the dealer in South Wales is the one of the most stock as on carwow they are the cheapest normally. I first saw the car as my neighbor has the first edition one since the summer.
Before Skoda Karoq SEL, virtual dash, heated screen.

Now: J12 Nissan Qashqai
1.3 DiG-T MH 158 Xtronic Tekna, Automatic, Petrol arrived 23/12/21
EJT19

Post by EJT19 »

Ohh that’s good then and the fact they’re sending a it in an email means you have a paper trail to cover you if it arrives without it.

I ordered mine 30th October and he said it wouldn’t arrive with it. However, I am sure it’s all still available to order on Nissan and they still show digital dash.
Sophs50522

Post by Sophs50522 »

Exskoda wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 4:17 pm
Sophs50522 wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 3:20 pm Ok so I got in touch with Nissan again and the Guy confirmed that it will come with digital dash and pan roof and that he will send me out an email for reassurance.

I think the dealer in South Wales is the one of the most stock as on carwow they are the cheapest normally. I first saw the car as my neighbor has the first edition one since the summer.
Oh really! Now that's interesting. Random .. as I don't know much about cars but is the car registration registered day of collection ? I'm guessing that will depend on 71 reg vs 22?