What are you thoughts on your new J12

General / Ordering Forum for the new 2021 (J12) Qashqai
QaiFan
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by QaiFan »

Don't worry. The car is just fine to drive. My test drive was around 1 hour, did about 40km in different roads and terrain. I'm totally happy with it, anxiously waiting for the delivery of my car.
That good to read ilkka !
Reading so many conflicting reports and reviews ... I'll have to wait a bit longer for my Tekna+ 6MT, as you will have to, and will -hopefully- be able to prove this Autocar review ... dead wrong !? :idea:

trebz

Post by trebz »

Just taken my premium edition manual to cornwall from west yorkshire for 2 weeks - did about 1500 miles while there. Very happy with it overall. I bought it to replace my 2018 tekna and the only things i miss are the heated seats and electic seat!

The propilot is great for the motorways, not so good in traffic (m5 in summer holidays!) as it cuts out at 15mph.

Used android auto for navigation & spotify audio, worked really nicely - shame it doesn't show the directions on the HUD but i can live without that. I'll use the inbuilt satnav for more local journeys as having to plug in the phone is a bit annoying, and not sure why considering auto support wireless?

Biggest issue with it currently and i believe the forums have mentioned this is the lag at low rpm - its worst usually when you've set off in 1st gear then have to slow slightly, picking up speed again is awful and you have to really put your foot down - so there was a lot of revving while i was stuck in traffic.

Happy to answer any questions and add more detail.

PS, don't take a shiny new car to deepest darkest devon - i was twitching down every narrow single track lane!
QaiFan

Post by QaiFan »

Thanks trebz for your J12 observations during a really long roadtrip !
Now, "picking up speed again is awful" that is a *major* flaw that Nissan knew before they released this car.
It is simply dangerous in European traffic situations !
They won't try to sell the car with this engine (?) in the US or they would get quite some class action suites over there.
The fact that Android Auto/Carplay Navigation is not shown on the digital dash, nor HUD, is, IMHO, a real shame for *any* 2021 model.
Just one question please trebz ... if you use the 6MT transmission in Sports mode and put your foot down immediately, does the car not pick up speed as it should !???
If not then this is a ... dealbreaker for me !
gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

trebz wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 2:39 pm Just taken my premium edition manual to cornwall from west yorkshire for 2 weeks - did about 1500 miles while there. Very happy with it overall. I bought it to replace my 2018 tekna and the only things i miss are the heated seats and electic seat!

The propilot is great for the motorways, not so good in traffic (m5 in summer holidays!) as it cuts out at 15mph.

Welcome to this forum.

Please note that your car doesn't have ProPILOT - merely Drive Assist.

ProPILOT only comes with the auto - hence why it wasn't working on your holiday! :)
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
Clarky94

Post by Clarky94 »

gloucester wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 4:16 pm
trebz wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 2:39 pm Just taken my premium edition manual to cornwall from west yorkshire for 2 weeks - did about 1500 miles while there. Very happy with it overall. I bought it to replace my 2018 tekna and the only things i miss are the heated seats and electic seat!

I was sure propilot came on Tekna and above
Welcome to this forum.

ProPILOT only comes with the auto - hence why it wasn't working on your holiday! :)
Current Car Qashqai 2017 j11b 1.5dci Tekna Grey
Coming Soon Qashqai 2021 J12 Tekna 158 in Mag Blue inc Fog Lights
Clarky94

Post by Clarky94 »

Clarky94 wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 6:01 pm

I was sure propilot came on Tekna and above
Welcome to this forum.

Apologies I stand corrected- just checked the online help manual has drive assist and auto has propilot - but I am struggling to see the real difference
Current Car Qashqai 2017 j11b 1.5dci Tekna Grey
Coming Soon Qashqai 2021 J12 Tekna 158 in Mag Blue inc Fog Lights
trebz

Post by trebz »

Welcome to this forum.

Hmm, pretty sure it's pro-pilot. It was doing all of the things described here - https://www.nissan-global.com/EN/TECHNO ... pilot.html - even in the manual, i just have to change the gears for it.
trebz

Post by trebz »

QaiFan wrote: Sun Aug 15, 2021 3:30 pm Thanks trebz for your J12 observations during a really long roadtrip !
Now, "picking up speed again is awful" that is a *major* flaw that Nissan knew before they released this car.
It is simply dangerous in European traffic situations !
They won't try to sell the car with this engine (?) in the US or they would get quite some class action suites over there.
The fact that Android Auto/Carplay Navigation is not shown on the digital dash, nor HUD, is, IMHO, a real shame for *any* 2021 model.
Just one question please trebz ... if you use the 6MT transmission in Sports mode and put your foot down immediately, does the car not pick up speed as it should !???
If not then this is a ... dealbreaker for me !
I've not used sports mode much, but i've not noted this issue quite the same as in standard/eco mode. I'll flip it in sports next time i'm out and see if i see the same issues. It's certainly noticeably more responsive in sports mode.
QaiFan

Post by QaiFan »

Trebz, if putting the car in Sportsmode would rectify these issues to some extent then I don't care about the MPG penalty... I want the engine to respond immediately on my request, not react in... slow motion!
Please test this whenever you see fit if you please?
Thanks
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

A967BA40-D831-4730-A65F-63F9915F4F00.jpeg

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken