Expected delivery and subsequent delays

General / Ordering Forum for the new 2021 (J12) Qashqai
willip10
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by willip10 »

I ordered a Tekna + auto 4 wheel drive back on July 3rd. It was supposed to be delivered to the dealer this friday. This has now been put back to at least Dec 10th . Email from Nissan passed to me from the dealership blames the chip crisis and Covid as the issues.

I don’t know what to do
2021 Nissan Qashqai Tekna + 158 - Fugi Sunset Red / Black Roof Auto 4WD

Sandgrounder

Post by Sandgrounder »

A poster on one of the Qashqai Facebook groups took delivery of their “Arctic White Tekna Xtronic with LED fog lights” yesterday, after ordering it in June :)
Now: 1.3 Tekna DIG-T 158 MHEV J12 ~ LED Front Fog Lights ~ Ceramic Grey with Pearl Black Roof/Grey Interior
Before: 1.2 N-Connecta DIG-T 115 J11B ~ Heat Pack ~ LED Pack ~ Vivid Blue (Sep 17-Oct 21)
Previously: 1.2 N-Tec DIG-T 115 J11A ~ Blade Silver (Nov 14-Sep 17)
gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

I doubt whether Covid is causing any lingering issues to be honest. Most places I've been people are totally ignoring social distancing, and few people wear masks even these days. I think it's just another excuse to bolster their case.
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
Deleted User 10757

Post by Deleted User 10757 »

We have been briefed about the chip shortage - and its a complex matter.
Added to which are the sheer number of chips in each and every car
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

I am not sure where these facts come from, Is there proof of this because what I have read is that COVID is the problem or have I got it wrong. Surely Industry have also not got it wrong and it is just a down to a Planning Problem, because it is affecting nearly every Industry World Wide. Or could it be just a Country to Country Problem ? - Dave 🥴

Here you only have to speak to people on the streets that are on “Short Time”, “Been Laid Off” etc to understand the problems that exist. The Social Distancing, Supply Problems, Home Office etc. There are relaxations but the Masks are still needed in certain places, public transport, shopping with a Trolley (Lidl). In Restaurants / Bars you have to show your Impfung App or you can be refused access and now if you have not had your Impfung Injections you can be refused access completely if the Owner or Chain say. If you go to the Doctors there is a Security Person on the Door accepting normally one person In at a time, then Distancing, Masks and so it goes on and you have to sit with the 1,5m Distancing.
Food, Petrol does not seem to be a problem here, but when you try to buy Electrical Equipment, Spares etc the Problem comes.

Gloucester Comment : “I doubt whether Covid is causing any lingering issues to be honest. Most places I've been people are totally ignoring social distancing, and few people wear masks even these days. I think it's just another excuse to bolster their case.”

This is a little long but these are the COVID Facts / Regulations on just Berlin :
Measures against the corona virus - Berlin.de : https://www.berlin.de/corona/en/measures/
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

I was obviously commenting on my covid experience in Britain.

I hardly ever wear a mask. The only time I've voluntarily done so in recent times was:

a] on a full train last week - just for ten minutes from Birmingham International to Birmingham - I didn't wear one for the other three sections of the journey.
b] at the KIA6 launch last week - it wasn't really mandatory but virtually everyone else was wearing one so I thought I better had. And obviously people were in very close proximity when sitting in a car.
c] On a couple of estate agent house viewings when it was asked for and it seemed sensible to comply.

Otherwise I've not worn one in a shop or anywhere else since the requirement was relaxed in July. And the same goes for a lot of other people. I've now been to a number of talks and lectures and it's really rare for people to be using masks even in those environments. I've stopped using the Covid app to check into places since it seems seriously deficient in the way it operates - for example if you visit a place in the morning and someone else who turns out to be infected visits in the afternoon you still get asked to isolate. Several friends have actually deleted the app entirely. And in any case you rarely see the QR code nowadays.

A group I run had a slideshow in September - the first one we've had for eighteen months - and there was zero covid influence beyond a bottle of sanitiser in the entrance hall and the tea people refusing to dole out loose biscuits with the tea and coffee (I've bought some pre-packeted ones for the talk next week). No one wore a mask and I was honestly surprised how close they were sitting - no social distancing in evidence. It was SO good to have real meetings again despite the convenience of going to Zoom ones.

To my mind there is very little residual risk around, especially for double-jabbed people like me. Although I no longer work, I understand from speaking with people that my firm (which had made some redundancies plus my covid-induced retirement) is completely back up to speed and the only noticeable effect are that people are still working from home - albeit they are encouraged to go in three days at least per week. However the director I spoke to a couple of weeks ago felt there was less productivity on the Mondays and Friday most people had elected to work from home so I don't know how long that will continue.

I can't see that car and car part assembly plants, which won't have a great density of workforce, will be affected any more. Though obviously component shortage will have a vast and immediate effect!
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Gloucester, we have been double injected (Biontech) and are awaiting the 6 month period before we become the 3rd “Booster” injection. There is still a certain amount of anxiety here and people are not so “Close” as before - Dave 🤗

“A study shows that people who become infected with the Delta variant are less likely to pass the virus to their close contacts if they have already had a COVID-19 vaccine than if they haven’t1. But that protective effect is relatively small, and dwindles alarmingly at three months after the receipt of the second shot.”

Here is the comparison we use :

FF4B96BD-ECD4-4C13-B112-280EC52A9BBC.jpeg

*** I think I will call it a day - Sorry ! but these comments are Hogging the Post - gone of the subject ! 🤭
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Sandgrounder

Post by Sandgrounder »

Another ‘71’ plate in Magnetic Blue on the road today (possibly a Tekna) 👍
Now: 1.3 Tekna DIG-T 158 MHEV J12 ~ LED Front Fog Lights ~ Ceramic Grey with Pearl Black Roof/Grey Interior
Before: 1.2 N-Connecta DIG-T 115 J11B ~ Heat Pack ~ LED Pack ~ Vivid Blue (Sep 17-Oct 21)
Sandgrounder

Post by Sandgrounder »

I’ve just seen mention, on one of the Facebook groups, that some dealers/car manufacturers are only supplying one set of car keys with new cars at the moment (not Nissan). The poster didn’t elaborate which manufacturers were implementing this policy, if it is at all true? :?
Sandgrounder

Post by Sandgrounder »

Nissan is slashing its planned global production for October and November by 30%, as it struggles with a shortage of semiconductors caused by the COVID-19 pandemic, the Nikkei business daily reported.

https://www.reuters.com/business/autos- ... 021-10-22/