wobbling on acceleration

Forum for Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
rockchap
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai - J10 (2006–2013)

Post by rockchap »

Managed to sort mine out. Replaced drivers side driveshaft as gators were leaking and could see no damage or ware on passenger side. This did not fix the problem. I was 99.999% sure it was a driveshaft issue by the symptoms. Replaced the passenger side today which still looked OK. After examining the driveshaft all the CV joints were fine and started to look a little deeper and I found the problem!

Theres a rubber coupling thats part of the driveshaft and that was the problem as it had become "sloppy" and flexed under load causing the driveshaft to spin midpoint on an eccentric under load, causing the vibration. I have identified the coupling on a picture and as soon as I find out I will attach image.

calnorth
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by calnorth »

I suspect you refer to the "spider" common to the CV joint systems. Pic below is the J10 drive shaft assembly. The related Nissan diagnostic refers to this shaft for all that is vibration and wobble.

Front Axle - Qashqai 07-10 Cardiagn com.png

Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
Justin B.
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai Facelift - J10b (2010–2013)

Post by Justin B. »

Hi All,

Someone help me please. I got same problem, car shakes from side to side on acceleration. Mainly in 2nd gear. All signs were showing driveshaft, which I replaced with the cheap ebay one. Problem still there. Later I found that ball joints were knackered, so a replaced both sides with new lower control arms, also new wheel bearings. Still have same issue and no improvement. Since reading on the forum that issue might be low quality driveshaft, I have replaced it with a good quality driveshaft and still nothing.

Any help please? I’m loosing my mind never faced a problem like that on the car.
Qashqaifan
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by Qashqaifan »

If this is any use, my sister's QashQai developed vibrations and she had the bushes replaced. They had actually been flagged twice in the last two MOTs.
Qashqai2013

Post by Qashqai2013 »

Just in case anyone is reading this and has the problem mentioned in the thread.... I had my Driveshaft (Drivers side) changed.... PROBLEM SOLVED! Woke between 30mph - 60mph non existent :) :)
Jaym1986

Post by Jaym1986 »

I have a 2011 1.6dci 4wd qashqai plus 2 and I have the same issue, ive owned the car about 8 years and the shaking issue started about 12months ago and is only at lower speeds with engine under load also worse when engine is hot I've noticed. I have changed air filter, fuel filter, glow plugs and all 4 injectors from the advisories of various garages as all believed it was a fueling issue. Something I've also tried is while in gear holding stick tight against its gate with the intention if the engine was shaking the gear linkage should be affected more than the shake of the body of the car but it doesn't. Reading certain posts regarding drive shaft bearings if they were poor shouldnt an mot pick this up and surely should wine like a bad wheel bearing? Also if turning under load the diff should shift power to the other side which should make some sort of difference which it doesn't, I will check these bearings when I change my sump pan in the spring and report back here
andy2019
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by andy2019 »

Have you had your tracking and wheel balance checked ?
Jaym1986

Post by Jaym1986 »

andy2019 wrote: Tue Feb 27, 2024 6:06 pm Have you had your tracking and wheel balance checked ?
Yes car was tracked recently when new track rod ends were installed and didn't change the issue, also tyres are wearing evenly. Wheels were balance at last tyre change also didn't make a difference, the shaking is happening at lower speeds under load too slow for wheel balancing to make much difference and soon as power is lowered it stops
Exjag

Post by Exjag »

Well, having just got a 67 plate 1.6dci I immediately find myself on the forum with a very similar issue. Just been to Cornwall and back and noticed an annoying 'jiggle' that feels like I'm driving on a washboard. There is sone wobble through the steering, but minimal.
Brand new rear tyres, balanced and correct pressure. Front tyres are newish and I assume, balanced.

Thought I'd upgraded, but seems like I have a new headache already.

The only clue I have is that an inner steering arm showed up on the last MOT as 'having slight play'. That will be my first port of call.
2017 Qashqai n-connecta J11b 1.6dci