Consistent problems - stop start, system failure, chassis failure

Forum for Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
Fedup88
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Fedup88 »

Morning! Our Qashqai was one of the ones with the Oil Loss problem and Motorways Direct replaced the engine for us last year(via our local dealership the cost was going to be about £13k). About 3 months ago we started having the same alerts coming up - stop start, chassis failure, system failure.

I've taken our car into our local dealership to be fixed multiple times but the alerts keep coming back. We've had the engine sensors replaced, and yesterday the thermostat which cost £500. Within a day the alerts came back. The dealership is saying its a new fault. Who do I believe on this? Citizens Advice said they should refund me for the work I've just had done. The dealership has really mucked us around, delaying the work several times, promising a courtesy car that they didn't supply, promising to deliver the car back to us which didn't happen. I'm sick of talking to them and I'm fairly sure they are sick of talking to me!!

Also, any advice on where to sell a car which has an engine light on? I think I'm almost done trying to fix it.

calnorth
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by calnorth »

It would be interesting to know what was changed ...for £13K

If it was a short block engine its very expensive. As such most of the original engines external parts have been used again...except the mechanical parts of the engine itself...block and pistons etc. The cylinder head will often be re-used if not damaged. Thats if it was short block replacement?

Disabling Stop/Start is about the ECU unable to control the engine within normal operating spec. Commonly exhaust sensing, fuelling or Battery problems. Those problems should be recorded by the ECU as error codes (DTCs) which the dealer will examine. Without them they will be guessing.

So question them on what DTCs have been recovered and what work relating to them has been done. Was it a short block?
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

Welcome to this forum.

Such symptoms are often caused by a failing battery. Has the battery been checked?
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
calnorth
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by calnorth »

Error in Posting here
Last edited by calnorth on Wed Dec 08, 2021 12:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
EJT19
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by EJT19 »

Hi,

My old qashqai used to do the same and my sisters has recently done it too.

She had to have the battery replaced, the dpf filter and it re generated. It’s has since been working fine