Turbo intake pipe broke ? Red engine light no codes ?

Forum for Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
Meloned1
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai Facelift - J10b (2010–2013)

Post by Meloned1 »

Hello we were driving on M20 when unfortunately the car lost power and couldn’t go above 15 mph , pulled over for a while then drove for another 1 minute and went onto hard shoulder , called roadside assistance.
Thankfully waited just an hour to get towed to dartford services.
We looked at engine and I noticed a small amount of oil on engine and put 2 &2 together and checked pipe noticing the break ,tried to do a bush fix no joy 🥲
Got rowed to Norfolk I’m now waiting for the part to fit but I have repaired the part with superglue and drove about but the red light will not go out ? Is it just a matter of time before it does ? Or is there anything else I can do to get rid of it ? Cheers for any help on this matter . :D

calnorth
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by calnorth »

Its difficult to say...commonly the warning lights are extinguished when at least 3 cycles of fault related events "do not" detect an error repeated. That may not be in all fault cases and likely based on severity of fault (EML stuff). You'll likely have to wait for the new part to be fitted though. There is likely a Nissan procedure for this, only I don't know it.

What OBD scanner was used?
Last edited by calnorth on Thu Sep 09, 2021 10:58 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
Meloned1
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai Facelift - J10b (2010–2013)

Post by Meloned1 »

Thanks for the info hopefully someone will know the procedure. The obd2 scanner is a FOXWELL NT201 .